vs. ASTROS, 8/20

Sessh

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yep, it's fine with me, too.   There will be crowing about the lack of power if they ever move him off catcher while he's still here and put him at 1B.  
    • I can't help but wonder if Adley has deliberately slowed things down this year in search of more consistent hard contact. His exit velocities and hard hit rates are fine. I'd be curious what his max bat speed has been, but I don't see that tracked. I suspect he could hit a bunch of home runs if he really wanted to sell out for power, but doesn't want to make that trade off.
    • Yeah, I'd be fascinated to know what Sig and his group have access to.   I'm assuming they compensate with shorter swings but also probably try to cheat on fastballs a bit more, maybe get more selective on what they swing at.  It's probably not one particular thing they do to compensate but a mix of things here and there.  
    • Fine with me.   Re Cobb: he didn’t hit many homers, but he’s 2nd all time in triples and 4th all time in doubles.  And, his ISO was .156, fairly modest compared to most guys with a .500.+ SLG.  
    • Yeah, I think he's definitely past his peak.   Like you, I think he's a great player and definitely a good guy, too.   He's hard not to root for...but he wears pinstripes!  I don't think the Yankees are doing him a lot of favors by playing him in CF.  He's not slow, but a guy with his body size has got to cover a lot of ground and I don't think that adds up very well.   
    • Interestingly, when you remove the qualified at bats total, McKenna is actually third on the team.
    • It's the opposite of when a couple of years ago ESPN, as I recall, showed a graphic about the Yankees' amazing record in games where Brett Gardner hit a home run. They were trying to make it sound like Gardner was a magic sparkplug for the team, and I couldn't believe how dumb it was even for ESPN. Come on, if the pitching is bad enough that Brett Gardner is taking them deep, then of course the rest of the team would be teeing off as well! The stat is showing how NOT important Gardner is!
  • Popular Contributors