What? Orioles say if there is a 3-way tie for 2 wild-cards, they want to risk it on 1 game?

Rojo13

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard to believe how tough the road is for the Tigers. They need for the Jays and O's to both lose today, plus they must:

- Win today in Atlanta

- Win tomorrow in Cleveland

- Win Tuesday in Toronto or else

- Win Wednesday in Baltimore

Unless I've missed something, they don't need the Jays and Orioles both to lose today. Just one or the other.

Unless I've missed something, they don't need the Jays and Orioles both to lose today. Just one or the other.

You are correct, but if they both lose it could make their path even longer. First sentence should have been, "Hard to believe how tough the road could be for the Tigers."

Don't forget that Detroit still might have to play a makeup game on Mon. Detroit could be playing in 4 different cities on 4 different days, counting today. By choosing the one game option you get rest, no travel and a home game against a team that could be spent.

I get trying to think strategically but at this point the only focus should be getting in.

With a streaky team like this it doesn't benefit us to put all our eggs in one basket.

I'd much rather have to chances and hope that our offense can pound out a couple home runs in at least one of those games

I like it. If you're going to win, go deep. Don't play scared. If you have the losers mentality of "Hey 2 games are better than 1" You're more susceptible to lose. This way there is no tomorrow and you put it all on the line in one game.

That sounds great except that it is completely irrational. Oh well, in DD we trust, right?

So if I'm reading this correctly, we're in the "playoffs" regardless of what happens today on the field, right?

The worst we can be is 88-74, which is the best the Tigers can be after today and their makeup game tomorrow.

So we'll either play in Toronto on Tuesday, or in Baltimore on Wednesday, correct?

Well, not necessarily. If the Jays win, Tigers win BOTH of their games and then the O's lose, Toronto's in the WC game and the O's and Tigers would play for the other spot.

You're correct that the O's season doesn't end today, no matter what happens. But Toronto can pass them and claim a definitive spot.

Archived