Should we do a qualifying offer to Trumbo and Wieters?

1968_bills_fan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These Orioles they can only win a measly 89 games a season. The Cubs are winning 103 games a season. The Cubs are just so much smarter than the Orioles. If you sign Trump you will have 120 no 130 wins a season. You will win so much you will get sick of winning.

i have my new band now. Donald and the Trumpets. It is a rap,country,ska and fusion band. it will make music great again.

I do think Trumbo ,who had a career year at the right time will be overpaid. I am sure someone like the Jays can sign him to play first and the defense should be better.

Well the alternative would be to sell all the stars to the Yankees and the Redsox and pay the remaining players league minimum. Use the cash to give all upper management a raise, pay off league officials, and bribe the umpires.

I'd love for the Yankees or Redsox to sigh Trumbo and Wieters to long term deals.

I guess I'm supporting offering QO to both Trumbo and Wieters. I would hope that both of them take it and we could either get some good prospects into the pipeline, or package one of our tradable 1st or 2nd round picks with a surplus picker to get a better corner outfield. Joseph is probably a near zero offensively and Cisco and anyone else, is not ready for the major leagues yet. If Wieters stays, then I look at the extra salary for him as a necessary evil to pay for his bat in the lineup for a year.

Also, we have to consider the possibility that the AL East may be much tougher next year and we might be out of the running before the trade deadline. The Red Sox are young and will be better with another year of experience. The Jays have been underachieving and might come back stronger. Maybe they can get some chemistry. The Yankees have gotten rid of their over-the-hill guys and with their strong farm system have a lot of new good players- they will take more games from us as well. Although I don't like the thought- we might be in a seller's mode and maybe Wieters would have a big value to trade to some contender (who needs an upgrade at catcher or has an injury) so we could get a top notch corner or center field nearly-ready-for-MLB outfielder. (AJ to right). We could have it both ways that way- push for a pennant this next year and have a fall-back plan for a long term improvement of the club.

Archived