Should we do a qualifying offer to Trumbo and Wieters?

1968_bills_fan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not ready to dump Miley as a LH SP, he is valuable, especially, if they fixed his hiccup and he pitches more like he did at the end of the season.

Between Miley, Jimenez, Gallardo: Miley has the best chance of being serviceable. He also happens to the be cheapest one of the three, even it's only by a couple million.

Gallardo is the guy I would look to move and I'd eat some salary to get a guy back who at least provides some value to the team. At least with Jimenez there is a chance he catches lightning in a bottle.

I'd make the QO to both. Trumbo won't accept. There's a 60% chance that Wieters accepts, but it's not the end of the world if he does. Sisco's not quite ready, we can't count on Joseph fully rebounding, and I don't want to sign anyone to a contract longer than one year.

Between Miley, Jimenez, Gallardo: Miley has the best chance of being serviceable. He also happens to the be cheapest one of the three, even it's only by a couple million.

Gallardo is the guy I would look to move and I'd eat some salary to get a guy back who at least provides some value to the team. At least with Jimenez there is a chance he catches lightning in a bottle.

I'd move Jimenez first because he had a good 2nd half, which you can sell the hell out of if you DD. Gallardo is usually more consistent, but I'd look to move him for a bag of balls and some Double Bubble. I'd keep Miley just because he's a lefty.

I'd make the QO to both. Trumbo won't accept. There's a 60% chance that Wieters accepts, but it's not the end of the world if he does. Sisco's not quite ready, we can't count on Joseph fully rebounding, and I don't want to sign anyone to a contract longer than one year.

This is my feeling, but I feel like Wieters will not stay due to how much money is at stake for him. Wouldn't mind if he stayed, but I don't think he will stay

This is my feeling, but I feel like Wieters will not stay due to how much money is at stake for him. Wouldn't mind if he stayed, but I don't think he will stay

I think he'll stay because he won't get as much per year from anyone else. I doubt if he gets an average of $12 mil. He's still young enough that he can play the free agent game a couple of more years and hope he has more than a mediocre year at the plate. I actually tend to think Trumbo will stay because he says he likes Baltimore and so many GMs now know that homers are not the whole of offense. At that point we have totally shot ourselves in the foot as far as the budget is concerned and can resign ourselves to repeating this year or probably being worse because we'll have to trade somebody else just to lower salaries. I think the HR heroics this year had a bad effect on the players who should be trying to be all-around hitters. Look at the way averages sank in the second half. I think there was a club atmosphere negative to good hitting. Getting rid of Trumbo would be a start to improvement. So I wouldn't give a qualifying offer to either one.

Archived