The Hole-RF

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the FA's it all depends on what they end up signing for:  I like Saunders for example if the money is reasonable.  Here are some of our options in order of my preference:

1. Granderson trade

2. Bruce trade

3. Saunders (2/24 or 3/30)

4. Pagan (Platoons with Rickard)

5. Trumbo (4/55 or less) - would likely play in RF versus LHP with a Bourne or Pagan type being the platoon partner.

6. Rasmus - He's good every other year (so he's due) and a plus defender in right.  Always a risk that he will tank offensively.  

Encarnacion for DH.  Bourn for RF.  Bench: Joseph, Flaherty, Rickard, Tavarez.   

The offense actually improves over last year with this.  The defense is better with Bourn in RF vs RHP and Rickard vs. LHP.  I'd rather keep the rule 5 guy since we basically have a set lineup rather than picking up a RH OF like Reimold or Stubbs.  

Overall, improved lineup, improved OF defense.  The rotation has the potential to be better.  A healthy O'day should offset any fall off from Brach or Britton.  That team could challenge boston.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Encarnacion for DH.  Bourn for RF.  Bench: Joseph, Flaherty, Rickard, Tavarez.   

The offense actually improves over last year with this.  The defense is better with Bourn in RF vs RHP and Rickard vs. LHP.  I'd rather keep the rule 5 guy since we basically have a set lineup rather than picking up a RH OF like Reimold or Stubbs.  

Overall, improved lineup, improved OF defense.  The rotation has the potential to be better.  A healthy O'day should offset any fall off from Brach or Britton.  That team could challenge boston.  

If DD pulls this off, hats off!! 

10 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I fully expect Bourn to be back. I think he could produce back to form.

What form is he returning to?  The last time he was good was 2012 and i was entirely based on speed. He is no longer exceptionally fast and will be 34.

I would be very happy to see the addition of Ben Revere. I really like the idea of a Mancini/Kim DH. In fact, I might be good with bringing Bourne back and signing Revere. Let Rickard and Bourne play a loose platoon in RF and leadoff everyday with Ben Revere.

Archived