The Yovani Gallardo Appreciation Thread

Can_of_corn

1 hour ago, weams said:

Garrett Atkins.  Ubaldo.  Jay Payton. 

Atkins was 1/4 and got cut less than half of the way through the season.  He was epically bad but it didn't set us back too bad financially.  Payton was 2/10 and was essentially a 4th OF.  Overpay, but not on the level of Gallardo, Ubaldo, and Segui IMO.  

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

As a fan, I appreciate that he's gone. He cost us a pick, and didn't perform well. The only thing that can save him is if Seth smith has a great year this year for the Orioles.

Like the Arrieta trade got Trumbo last season. 

Why not set up an unappreciated thread? What a bunch of classless OHer's. Some here love gloating about their expertise on everything. Of course, when they are wrong, they recede into their shells. These guys do not suck, They throw the ball about 90 mph, trying to cross a 17 inch dish at a height of 15 inches to about 30 inches. How many of you can do that? They throw about 100 pitches, if they are 90% successful they still may give up a lot of runs. They are the only players that put themselves on the line every pitch. If they didn't they get a line drive in their face. Other players out there can be daydreaming and the chances of anyone really noticing is about 1 in 7. So, go ahead and rail on him. Call him garbage and any other negative descriptor you can. No pitcher ever goes out on the mound not trying his best. It is obvious if he does. I wish him well and appreciate the effort.

7 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

Why not set up an unappreciated thread? What a bunch of classless OHer's. Some here love gloating about their expertise on everything. Of course, when they are wrong, they recede into their shells. These guys do not suck, They throw the ball about 90 mph, trying to cross a 17 inch dish at a height of 15 inches to about 30 inches. How many of you can do that? They throw about 100 pitches, if they are 90% successful they still may give up a lot of runs. They are the only players that put themselves on the line every pitch. If they didn't they get a line drive in their face. Other players out there can be daydreaming and the chances of anyone really noticing is about 1 in 7. So, go ahead and rail on him. Call him garbage and any other negative descriptor you can. No pitcher ever goes out on the mound not trying his best. It is obvious if he does. I wish him well and appreciate the effort.

Who said he sucked?  Who called him garbage?  Who accused him of a lack of effort?

I'm not sure what thread you are reading but I didn't see any of that.

Maybe you should try actually reading folk's comments before going off on a rant.

On 1/6/2017 at 8:39 PM, UpstateNYfan said:

Read, if not this thread, then the tread thread. Glad he's gone. 1 gone two more to go. Worse FA signing ever. Truly appreciative.

It irks me when people trash a guy in an appreciation thread.    It just isn't the place for it.   But if people think a player stunk and want to post it in some other thread, I don't really have an issue with that.    

Archived