OF/1B/DH...Your Lineup

Shabadoo25

What is your best guess for these positions with the current roster?

vs RHP:  Kim, Jones, Smith/Davis/Trumbo

vs LHP:  Rickard, Jones, Trumbo/Davis/Mancini

Vs LHP, I would prefer something more like Rickard, Jones, Alvarez/Trumbo/Mancini.  I think Davis needs more days off vs. killer lefties like Sale and let him come in late to pinch hit or for defense.

I also think we should scoop up Bourn or Wieters for cheap if we can to solve our all RHH bottom of the lineup.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this in the Pagan thread:

Against RHP, you can go:

Smith RF

Kim LF

Machado 3B

Davis 1B

Trumbo DH

Jones CF

Schoop 2B

Castillo C

Hardy SS

That's a good 1-2 OBP punch with Smith and Kim (assuming they repeat past performance).

Against LHP:

Rickard LF

Machado 3B

Jones CF

Davis 1B

Trumbo RF

Schoop 2B

Mancini DH

Castillo C

Hardy SS

45 minutes ago, Shabadoo25 said:

Vs LHP, I would prefer something more like Rickard, Jones, Alvarez/Trumbo/Mancini.  I think Davis needs more days off vs. killer lefties like Sale and let him come in late to pinch hit or for defense.

I also think we should scoop up Bourn or Wieters for cheap if we can to solve our all RHH bottom of the lineup.

In my opinion , I can't see anyway Mancini doesn't start at AAA.

especially if they add another OF like Bourn or Pagan

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I think he's your starting DH against LHP and a potential pinch hitter off the bench when a RHP starts and then a lefty reliever gets brought in to face Smith and/or Kim.  PH Mancini, then stick a defensive replacement like Rickard in the OF the next half inning (or let him pinch run if Mancini gets on base).

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I agree. Better for Mancini, and keeps Trumbo out of RF.

If we don't add anybody, I would go with Dariel Alvarez for the last spot to play RF against LHP. But I still think we have a move to make.

1 minute ago, esmd said:

I think he's your starting DH against LHP and a potential pinch hitter off the bench when a RHP starts and then a lefty reliever gets brought in to face Smith and/or Kim.  PH Mancini, then stick a defensive replacement like Rickard in the OF the next half inning (or let him pinch run if Mancini gets on base).

Sitting 75% of the time is a lot to ask from a young player. And still expect him to perform.

imo it would be In his best interest (play everyday and try to convert to the OF) and the Orioles (MLB service time). 

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I agree. Better for Mancini, and keeps Trumbo out of RF.

If we don't add anybody, I would go with Dariel Alvarez for the last spot to play RF against LHP. But I still think we have a move to make.

Sounds like Alvarez is being converted to pitcher.

1 hour ago, Shabadoo25 said:

Lots of variables like which stadium are you playing in and how much room is in the OF and such....My concern is that the Red Sox have a lot of lefty starters and I don't think we match up well with them unless Trumbo plays RF and Mancini DH's

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Sitting 75% of the time is a lot to ask from a young player. And still expect him to perform.

imo it would be In his best interest (play everyday and try to convert to the OF) and the Orioles (MLB service time). 

This. Plus Buck doesn't use PH. 

17 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I don't disagree with you, but letting him languish in the minors is a waste.  The conversion to OF just doesn't seem to be in the cards for Mancini.  He's blocked for 3 years, so the only option is to play him off the bench or to trade him.  I would move him if I was DD, but that doesn't seem to be in their plans either.  So might as well get him as many ABs as you can coming off the bench and see how he does.

Archived