Orioles smarter than Yanks

pastorfan

Just now, SteveA said:

We have chosen to block Mancini... and made a significantly bigger investment (nearly $200M) in doing so.than the Yankees have.

Davis is a (Should be) gold glover and when he's healthy can pummel HR's. He leads MLB in HR's since 2012. Trumbo shouldn't have been signed, I think. I'm happy he's back, but I'd rather have Mancini. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Why though is my question. Power may be an issue, but I'd take a guy who can hit and just get on rather than hit for power. 

OK, yeah, so you are saying signing Carter wasn't a brilliant move, after all, then.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

How so?  Who is our DH vs. LHP?

True, I guess if we are going to put Trumbo out in the OF vs lefties, there is a spot.   If we can spare a roster spot for a DH-vs-LH-only.   Buck tends to like his bench guys to be versatile and somewhat competent defensively.

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I sure HOPE he doesn't have power.   I never want to hear John Sterling yell "Austin POWERS one out of the ballpark!   Shag-a-delic!".   I would puncture my ear drums.

A lititle off topic,sorry.I was going around the dial and heard John Sterling doing the Kitten Bowl with Mary Carillo.Was like the Puppy Bowl.Scary but true.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

True, I guess if we are going to put Trumbo out in the OF vs lefties, there is a spot.   If we can spare a roster spot for a DH-vs-LH-only.   Buck tends to like his bench guys to be versatile and somewhat competent defensively.

Well, yeah, but we don't have another option, do we?  We need to play a LF, RF, and DH vs. LHP.  Trumbo and Rickard are two of them as things stand now, IMO.  It's either Mancini at DH or the third guy isn't on the team, yet, as I see it.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Well, yeah, but we don't have another option, do we?  We need to play a LF, RF, and DH vs. LHP.  Trumbo and Rickard are two of them as things stand now, IMO.  It's either Mancini at DH or the third guy isn't on the team, yet, as I see it.

Yep.   I do expect us to bring at least one more player into the organization in the next 6 days before camp.   Either a pitcher or an outfielder.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Yep.   I do expect us to bring at least one more player into the organization in the next 6 days before camp.   Either a pitcher or an outfielder.

I still wouldn't be surprised by an OFer who can play the damn OF. DD will find somebody.

Archived