1. 1. Who starts in OF

• Gentry
    • Mancini

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I disagree with your logic but I can respect that point of view.

I'm just copying Buck's logic. He laid out that very reason in the post game presser on Monday. Put in late game subs and start Trumbo at DH to not lose his bat. 

Hopefully mancini can at least be as good as Kim in the OF. Pick ball up. Throw to cut off man. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'm just copying Buck's logic. He laid out that very reason in the post game presser on Monday. Put in late game subs and start Trumbo at DH to not lose his bat. 

Hopefully mancini can at least be as good as Kim in the OF. Pick ball up. Throw to cut off man. 

I am pessimistic that someone who wasn't even an outfielder in College is going to show up and display even Kim or Trumbo level ability out there.

I am pessimistic that someone who wasn't even an outfielder in College is going to show up and display even Kim or Trumbo level ability out there.

I think you are worrying too much. This is only for a handful of games.  He will be sent down soon to work on his glove. 

Long term who knows how it plays out but this is the Orioles just trying to take advantage of scheduling and roster management. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I think you are worrying too much. This is only for a handful of games.  He will be sent down soon to work on his glove. 

Long term who knows how it plays out but this is the Orioles just trying to take advantage of scheduling and roster management. 

One more win and the O's had homefield advantage in the play in game last year.

One more win and the O's had homefield advantage in the play in game last year.

True. The pitchers have been told to pitch to the defense when he plays.....

How many of the Jays hit to the opposite field? 

i think in Boston they put Trumbo in LF since he has experience with the Green Monster. Let Trey DH, RF is the harder spot there. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

True. The pitchers have been told to pitch to the defense when he plays.....

How many of the Jays hit to the opposite field? 

i think in Boston they put Trumbo in LF since he has experience with the Green Monster. Let Trey DH, RF is the harder spot there. 

If Buck is true to form he puts Flaherty in left for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

You will always, always, be wrong about Parra. :P

For the record I never said it wouldn't happen, just that it shouldn't happen.

That foot injury sure made Parra a bad trade, although Davies did not look all that good yesterday.  I cant believe he got over 200 ABs with the Os.  On a similar note.  

2 minutes ago, incubus said:

Doesn't Flaherty hit really well in Boston?

I know he has a grand slam against the Red Sox.

But even if he does do you think that amount of data means anything?

And even if it does why put him in the outfield when he's a utility infield?

I'm cautiously optimistic and excited to see Mancini in RF tonight.  I think you have to find a place for Mancini (a possible future piece) over a journeyman fourth/fifth outfielder despite Mancini's defensive limitations.

Trumbo is the bar for now.  

A quote from Buck:

How do you find out if Steve Pearce can play second base? How do you find out if Joey Rickard can play right as well as left? How do you find out if Manny can play third base? Showalter said. “Sooner or later you’ve got to play them up here. It’s a different look.

Psst, Buck...

Rickard played in right field 82 times in 2013, 23 times in 2014 and 36 times in 2015.

That's 141 more games than Mancini.

Archived