Britton up, who goes down

wildcard

I am hoping its Mike Wright.   

Brach and O'Day have pitched two games in a row so they are not available.

So the pen is Britton, Givens, Hart, and one of Bleier/Wright

With Asher starting in Fenway a long reliever could be needed. Hope not.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has to be Wright I would think. Then send out Asher after the game for another arm until I assume Tillman is back on Sunday. Blier gives you a lefty to back up the RH starters although with Pedroia, Betts, Boegarts, Ramirez he isn't a great matchup. However it would allow Buck to have one RH and  one LH long option out of pen.  

9 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Has to be Wright I would think. Then send out Asher after the game for another arm until I assume Tillman is back on Sunday. Blier gives you a lefty to back up the RH starters although with Pedroia, Betts, Boegarts, Ramirez he isn't a great matchup. However it would allow Buck to have one RH and  one LH long option out of pen.  

Why not just send down Gentry or Rickard if they need another arm? There's no reason why this team has to carry five outfielders. 

1 minute ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Why not just send down Gentry or Rickard if they need another arm? There's no reason why this team has to carry five outfielders. 

At some point they will have to but until they are committed to a full time 5th starter like Tillman they don't have to. If Asher only gets one start then why not option him after the game? It buys you 4 more games. 

10 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

My guess is Bleier down, Britton up.

Tommorow:  Asher down, Crichton up.

Sunday: Tillman up, Mancini down.

Sunday will be interesting to see if they finally go to a 4 man bench or. continue to roll the dice with a 6 man pen. 

24 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Crichton has not been down ten days yet.   Can't be called up until Saturday.

24 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Crichton has not been down ten days yet.   Can't be called up until Saturday.

Thanks, I don't have that in my head.  It seems like he's been down for 10 days.  I guess Wilson hasn't been down for 10 either.

7 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Thanks, I don't have that in my head.  It seems like he's been down for 10 days.  I guess Wilson hasn't been down for 10 either.

Wilson, Lee, Magnifico and Ynoa are eligible.

Tillman probably comes back on Sunday.

1 hour ago, TINSTAAPP said:

We have six OFers. I'll give you a hint as to who is the sixth: he's also our fifth infielder and our third catcher. Seriously, I think Flaherty stays on this team because he's roster-efficient. In Buck's mind, you don't need an extra outfielder and an extra middle infielder and an extra corner infielder (we wouldn't need one at first base anyway) because Flaherty can fill all those roles -- not that great at most of them, but adequate everywhere but center field. (I don't know about catcher and hope we never find out.)

2 hours ago, backwardsk said:

This is what I'm thinking.  Wright is a better innings eater punching bag.  He could go down after the game too if he has to pitch multiple innings.  Mancini is going to get about 10-15 more AB's until Sunday.  He just has to produce.  Wilson could get the call instead of Chricton too.  

Archived