Britton up, who goes down

wildcard

16 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I did not even know that Mike Wright is back. I would prefer for him to be as far as possible from the major league club. I also don't see what Mancini does for us right now.

This right here is the biggest storyline to me of the season. I am not talking about Mancini himself but the whole 5 man bench and 6 man pen story. The schedule makers did the Orioles a huge favor with all the off days early on. It was a perfect time if one existed for Tillman to be out. We just bought a month without him and tonight is only the 3rd time a 5th starter has been used. All these pitching moves DD has made in the last month and all those pitchers have options.

I love having a 5 man bench but I just don't see how that can continue once Tillman is back when you are playing in stretches like now with no off days. We have Ubaldo for crying out loud and none of us know from one day to the next how many innings he will go. If they want to try to squeeze Mancini in here and there when we face some lefties they can try. I know they can option their long men out if the pen but only so much you can do that. It feels like they have already done it 50 times.  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I get the frustration of wanting Kim to play more but I don't see this as some black and white issue. I mean if Buck steals 2-3 games a month away from Kim that we all wish he started that is around 12-18 starts a year over the course of 162 games. If you move him what about all the other games he actually DOES start? Buck in his mind may want to limit Kim vs certain pitchers but that doesn't mean he has no role on this team. 

There is no anti-Kim conspiracy. Buck likes winning games more than anything else. He plays who he feels gives him the best opportunity on any given night.

Want to know why Ryan Flaherty got the nod last night? He's A. Just as left-handed as Kim, B. Is Capable of playing the OF and C. Entered last night's game 6/14 (.428) against Porcello in his career, with a homer.

13 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

There is no anti-Kim conspiracy. Buck likes winning games more than anything else. He plays who he feels gives him the best opportunity on any given night.

Want to know why Ryan Flaherty got the nod last night? He's A. Just as left-handed as Kim, B. Is Capable of playing the OF and C. Entered last night's game 6/14 (.428) against Porcello in his career, with a homer.

Buck hates Kim. I don't know how anyone could dispute this. Buck has a pattern of benching Kim whenever there is an excuse. If he wants to play Flaherty against Porcello, he should give JJ a night off. Kim is ALWAYS the odd man out. 

7 hours ago, backwardsk said:

My guess is Bleier down, Britton up.

Tommorow:  Asher down, Crichton up.

Sunday: Tillman up, Mancini down.

Reading the thread from the start, so sorry if this has already been asked.

But will Crichton have been down the required 10 days to come up tomorrow?

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm just saying cutting Kim now would be yet another black eye for the O's in regards to South Korea.

But maybe dissing South Korea would give us an in in the completely unharvested North Korean market,

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Reading the thread from the start, so sorry if this has already been asked.

But will Crichton have been down the required 10 days to come up tomorrow?

He has not.  Wildcard corrected me.  Wilson has.  Anyway, Wright was sent down.

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Buck hates Kim. I don't know how anyone could dispute this. Buck has a pattern of benching Kim whenever there is an excuse. If he wants to play Flaherty against Porcello, he should give JJ a night off. Kim is ALWAYS the odd man out. 

I don't understand how Buck's managing alone has at any point indicated he "hates" one of his players.

11 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

I don't understand how Buck's managing alone has at any point indicated he "hates" one of his players.

This is spot on.  I have noticed an irritating trend on these boards of an overly exuberant amount of speculation on the inner thoughts of one William Nathaniel Showalter.  It is ALL just idle speculation that has been repeated enough that these persons believe it to be true.  The Internet is full of articles and opinions that can/could be linked to give credence to these "Speculations" and as of yet have not seen or read any.  I say enough is enough.

9 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

Buck doesn't like Kim against lefties. The O's have faced a lot of lefties.

He has also preferred Mancini against Steven Wright, and that worked out great.

When we see more right-handed starting pitching, we will see more Kim. It's simple. It's just been so long since the Orioles ran a full-fledged platoon that folks can't remember what it's like.

I am not so sure. But will see what happens. 

9 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I get the frustration of wanting Kim to play more but I don't see this as some black and white issue. I mean if Buck steals 2-3 games a month away from Kim that we all wish he started that is around 12-18 starts a year over the course of 162 games. If you move him what about all the other games he actually DOES start? Buck in his mind may want to limit Kim vs certain pitchers but that doesn't mean he has no role on this team. 

I want the team to win is what I want most. Just would like to see Kim be successful in the majors. Maybe I am an oddball but I support the minority players more than the others.  

Britton looked pretty bad tonight.

He got bailed out by an extremely lucky triple play after some bad defense but his pitches were all over the place.

No control and when he did throw strikes they were all up.

I don't feel like he's 100% either.

I hate tonight.

Archived