Britton up, who goes down

wildcard

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is enough flexibility that it is not Kim....but he clearly is not one of Buck's nuggets.  I like him and what he seems to bring to the team, and the players seem to like him.  For whatever reason, he has not won the confidence of Buck...i

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

They just got back to the point where the Koreans baseball folks are willing to talk to them after that Kim Seong-Min fiasco.

That's not the reason IMO.  Injuries.    Smith's hamstring.  Gentry and Rickard both injury prone.  Kim will get his playing time sooner or later.

Just now, RZNJ said:

You should use smiley faces just so we know when you are joking.

I wasn't joking that time.

That was a monumental blunder.

Obviously it isn't going to effect free agents like Kim but overall I'm sure it did damage.

Or did you forget about that whole mess? 

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

That's not the reason IMO.  Injuries.    Smith's hamstring.  Gentry and Rickard both injury prone.  Kim will get his playing time sooner or later.

I'm just saying cutting Kim now would be yet another black eye for the O's in regards to South Korea.

33 minutes ago, dan-O said:

There's always that chance, yes. It's a good chunk of money, though, when you could easily option someone instead.

Totally agree.   If it were my choice, it would be Mancini going down.   He needs to be playing every day.

If Kim is cut and Smith has another hamstring issue there are 83 threads on this board complaining why Rickard and Gentry are playing so much. I didn't like Kim not playing last night but that doesn't mean he is soon to be gone. I mean if he starts 87 games instead of 114 that is still a substantial amount of at bats the team would have to replace. 

48 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I think there is enough flexibility that it is not Kim....but he clearly is not one of Buck's nuggets.  I like him and what he seems to bring to the team, and the players seem to like him.  For whatever reason, he has not won the confidence of Buck...i

Buck doesn't value OBP. Or defense for that matter. Or maybe it's Duquette that doesn't. Hard to tell a lot of the time. 

51 minutes ago, dan-O said:

How annoyed do you think Dan is that Buck doesn't play Kim more. 

I imagine Dan doesn't much care who plays so long as the team keeps winning.

The Orioles have played all but three of their games against the AL East, which is absolutely loaded with left-handed pitchers. Once they get out of the division for a bit, you'll see Kim more.

Mancini will almost certainly be the guy that's optioned when Tillman is ready. Trey is one for his last 16 and is the easiest guy to send down to Norfolk for awhile. Let him get some regular at bats, warm back up. He'll be back.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

I did not even know that Mike Wright is back. I would prefer for him to be as far as possible from the major league club. I also don't see what Mancini does for us right now.

Right now he's here in the case of a blowout. Just an arm to burn if Asher implodes tonight or Ubaldo implodes on Thursday. Let's face it: One or the other is probably going to happen.

1 hour ago, clapdiddy said:

Is there a chance that Kim is DFA'd?    I don't think Buck thinks much of his abilities.

Well maybe. The writing is on the wall? Seems to me that for some reason Buck doesn't like Kim. I do wish Kim could be traded to a National League Team. He would get more playtime with one of them. IMO 

1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

Well maybe. The writing is on the wall? Seems to me that for some reason Buck doesn't like Kim. I do wish Kim could be traded to a National League Team. He would get more playtime with one of them. IMO 

Buck doesn't like Kim against lefties. The O's have faced a lot of lefties.

He has also preferred Mancini against Steven Wright, and that worked out great.

When we see more right-handed starting pitching, we will see more Kim. It's simple. It's just been so long since the Orioles ran a full-fledged platoon that folks can't remember what it's like.

2 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I get the frustration of wanting Kim to play more but I don't see this as some black and white issue. I mean if Buck steals 2-3 games a month away from Kim that we all wish he started that is around 12-18 starts a year over the course of 162 games. If you move him what about all the other games he actually DOES start? Buck in his mind may want to limit Kim vs certain pitchers but that doesn't mean he has no role on this team. 

Archived