Manny furious after the game

ArtVanDelay

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Their paranoia has no limits.  Can't wait to see what happen when Ubaldo loses control of a pitch and nails Betts in the rubs. 

They hate us 'caws they ain't us! Count the rings! :down:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Not sure that is true. Joe can still fine or even suspend Sale if he deems that it was intentional even if the umps didn't make that conclusion.

Not saying you are wrong, I just don't know. Maybe he'll do something. I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Notice how nobody tried this crap when we had Hunter. We should have kept Wright up, he's a goon, and pegged Pedroia in his bald spot. That's a big target. 

Maybe Alan Mills needs to make a special appearance before the series is over.  I bet he can still kick butt.

It's times like these where I wish Manny was a little more articulate person.  

I think everyone gets the idea though.  He has every reason to be upset and I can't wait to see what Boston has to say about all this.  

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

And Ferrell too.

On MLB Network Farrell was interviewed after the warning in game.  His response was quite telling.  He was asked what he thought of the warning, and his response (paraphrasing) was along the lines of, "there have been a lot of things happen over the last few days and these things as we see can take care of themselves."  Translation, he either ordered or approved throwing at Manny.  

And btw, I don't believe in the "well he was throwing at his legs so it's okay."  So what if he hits his knee cap, or forces Manny to move awkward and he tears his ACL.  This game is not intended to include an intentional throwing at the player.  If you wanna do it, or if you are gonna condone it, fine.  But you get suspended as a result.  And Farrell word's indicted himself.

This is how big a piece of crap Sale is.... 5 secs after Jones comes up, gets cheered on after having racial slurs and peanuts hurled at him, Sale was ready to start a benches clearing brawl and in all likelihood a fight involving Jones. Lmao. 

Such a good baseball moment though when the Fenway faithful cheered Jones. Now let's fight him. 

This keeps happening because Buck's team always just takes it and never ever retaliate. It's easy to say just take the high road when you're not being thrown at. And Dylan throwing at Betts was not a retaliation, that was an accident. At some point we have to stand up to bullies.

Just now, cheecks said:

This keeps happening because Buck's team always just takes it and never ever retaliate. It's easy to say just take the high road when you're not being thrown at. And Dylan throwing at Betts was not a retaliation, that was an accident. At some point we have to stand up to bullies.

You suggested throwing at their heads. You don't have much credibility in this discussion. 

2 minutes ago, cheecks said:

I just don't agree. Because Earl.

Just now, Crazysilver03 said:

You suggested throwing at their heads. You don't have much credibility in this discussion. 

I said to graze their helmet which was clearly a joke. 

Btw, i'm not sure how i'm going to sleep tonight knowing i have no credibility with you.

9 minutes ago, jtm said:

On MLB Network Farrell was interviewed after the warning in game.  His response was quite telling.  He was asked what he thought of the warning, and his response (paraphrasing) was along the lines of, "there have been a lot of things happen over the last few days and these things as we see can take care of themselves."  Translation, he either ordered or approved throwing at Manny.  

And btw, I don't believe in the "well he was throwing at his legs so it's okay."  So what if he hits his knee cap, or forces Manny to move awkward and he tears his ACL.  This game is not intended to include an intentional throwing at the player.  If you wanna do it, or if you are gonna condone it, fine.  But you get suspended as a result.  And Farrell word's indicted himself.

You can make an argument when you blatantly throw at some 5 different times on purpose it's attempted assault and battery and the Barnes throw could be attempted murder.

Obviously nothing will come of this because Torre sucks and Boston and NY have a different set of rules, but it is absolutely disgusting. Ferrell is the biggest d-bag in sports and the Sox and their awful, idiotic racist fans deserve each other. They disgust me and most decent people.

I admire Manny's restraint thus far. I hope he keeps his head and continues to channel it into hitting bombs.

They need to work through the players union to put a stop to this nonsense. Guys are going to get hurt and take money out of the players pockets in the long run. It's bad business.

As for the here and now, I was hoping that Buck was going over to talk with Farrell when he came on the field. Walk over there and say, "John, tell your team to stop this nonsense or we're walking off the field right now." Somebody needs to be a grown-up here.

Archived