vs. ROYALS, 5/14

OFFNY

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

If he thought this was a "HUGE" game, then he is a head case.

Huge may overstate, but let's say ..if I am going to be a TOR guy, then part of that is stopping nasty little losing streaks and he has failed that test miserably. 

16 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I don't see how we can give up on him with no starters or potential starters to take his place. In some ways it's the same problem we face with Ubaldo, though there are differences.

They're not getting rid of him. 

Just now, TouchemAll said:

The O's are pretty good at make last place teams look like the next WS contenders...o.O

In all fairness they had won four of six before the Series started.  Similar to that terrible '14 Series...hot against cold. Not blowouts.  

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Huge may overstate, but let's say ..if I am going to be a TOR guy, then part of that is stopping nasty little losing streaks and he has failed that test miserably. 

This where a healthy Tillman would have put an end to a three game losing streak.  Gausman brought a gas can and matches to the mound today. 

18 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Yes lots of pressure in a game 9-1.  I would think lot better chance he lost his concentration with big lead.  Kinda like closer in 5 run game just getting work.

Losing your concentration with a big lead is any better? Good pitchers don't do that.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This where a healthy Tillman would have put an end to a three game losing streak.  Gausman brought a gas can and matches to the mound today. 

Plenty of losing streaks that Tillman did not put an end to in years past, but, it might help.   Pretty sad when we have this sad sack group of starters and a bullpen that is now not only not a strength, it is a major liability.  Going to be a long month. 

15 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Bundy tried but the offense and pen screwed him over.

Archived