vs. ROYALS, 5/14

OFFNY

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

We pitch Britton off a DL stint losing a game when we are 16-8 and have no need to rush him. Then why don't use O'Day for 7 days with an already short pen. Brilliant. 

Starting to really question whether the front office is on the right wavelength.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It is always an uphill battle when your starter stinks. 

o

It was an even bigger uphill battle for the Royals today than it was for the Orioles, who were down by a score of 5-0 when their starter left the game.

o

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Bad defenders have to play deeper so they don't get burned over their heads so they can't get to bloops.

Hard on the pitching when you have three sub-par defenders out there in a ballpark that big.

We just miss them is my point. Just off the edge of the glove. 

We aren't built for that park, that is for sure. 

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

Trumbo appears to have been a one-season (more like a half-season) mirage. Cruz wasn't a mirage.

He wasn't, but odds were good he was going to be.

I am much more annoyed with the Trumbo signing than the Cruz non-signing.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Bad defenders have to play deeper so they don't get burned over their heads so they can't get to bloops.

Hard on the pitching when you have three sub-par defenders out there in a ballpark that big.

Yup - the Orioles are definitely built more for Camden Yards and less for Kauffman Stadium.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I hope I was joking.

For him to sit on the bench this long and still go on the DL....

I know.

Was he up or not? Thought Hunter said he was.  I just don't get giving him at least one batter there.  

Archived