Is/Could Monday be moving day ???

Richmond Bird 9

With today an off day could we see a lot of movement?  I think this team needs a shot of something to get going. With some players not playing a lot and some pitching poorly and the bullpen overwork, I will try and help Dan and Buck.

Castillo to be active by Tues and Ynoa can come off the D/L on Tues (if OK). Buck has mentioned going back to a 7 man pen and on Wall to Wall (on Sat) they talked about Kim and Gentry going and Bourn being activated and adding a pitcher to the pen.

I would like to see Pena/Kim and Gentry traded for players that do not need to be added to the 40 man roster. This than opens 3 spots on the 40 man. Castillo and Ynoa get activated. Add  Yacabonis and Yastrzemski to the 40 man. Option Gausman and Blier to Norfolk and add a L/H pitcher.

Pena could be a match for: Cards/White Sox/Angels/Mets

Kim could be a match for: White Sox/Giants/Pirates (would have to eat some money) Pirates could hope that he could help Kang.

Gentry could be a match for Giants/Tigers/Mets/A's

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Richmond Bird 9 said:

With today an off day could we see a lot of movement?  I think this team needs a shot of something to get going. With some players not playing a lot and some pitching poorly and the bullpen overwork, I will try and help Dan and Buck.

Castillo to be active by Tues and Ynoa can come off the D/L on Tues (if OK). Buck has mentioned going back to a 7 man pen and on Wall to Wall (on Sat) they talked about Kim and Gentry going and Bourn being activated and adding a pitcher to the pen.

I would like to see Pena/Kim and Gentry traded for players that do not need to be added to the 40 man roster. This than opens 3 spots on the 40 man. Castillo and Ynoa get activated. Add  Yacabonis and Yastrzemski to the 40 man. Option Gausman and Blier to Norfolk and add a L/H pitcher.

Kim could be a match for: White Sox/Giants/Pirates (would have to eat some money) Pirates could hope that he could help Kang.

It was said in the other thread that Gausman can't be sent down

Just now, Roll Tide said:

I agree, the problem is Joseph has been hitting well. Could they option Joseph?

No way. Looks like Joseph can give Castillo a run for the starter...;) 

16 minutes ago, Natty said:

Pena will go back to minors when Castillo comes back tomorrow. 

He has no options he would have to clear waivers and I believe he already was assigned once so he can refuse and become a free agent.

6 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

He has no options he would have to clear waivers and I believe he already was assigned once so he can refuse and become a free agent.

I didn't know this.  Pena's value went up with his 2 HR game.

If we had some actual good reporters we could get a good idea today if any moves will be moved besides the Castillo move up and Pena DFA.   Tyler Wilson pitches today so we will see if he starts and also see who may not be in uniform for the Tides game Wilson has 10 days today.

40 minutes ago, Natty said:

I didn't know this.  Pena's value went up with his 2 HR game.

Really?

A 27 year old player has a decade long body of work in the majors and minors and one good game in Kansas City can suddenly have a drastic effect on his value???

1 hour ago, Richmond Bird 9 said:

Can't option KG. I think Kim to a NL team would be best for him. I do hope  it happens. 

Archived