Is/Could Monday be moving day ???

Richmond Bird 9

17 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I don't see the appeal in Bourn. I think he only came back because no one else wanted him.

Yacabonis would be a good addition. I'd leave Yaz for a bit to get more time to build up from his surgery.

There is no way Yaz is ready. He needs more time.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tx Oriole said:

There is no way Yaz is ready. He needs more time.

Yep, that's why I said to give him more time. I would consider adding Giavatella, especially if Schoop and/or Hardy get a bit more banged up. There are enough outfielders, but Gia has speed and good defense. Could be a pinch runner without making Flaherty your only infield option.

Both Yastrzemski and Yacanonis will need to be added to the 40 man roster over the winter or they could be taken in the rule 5 draft. I will agree that Yaz may need more time, however it would give Buck some first hand look at him. It would also give Bourn 2-3 weeks to get the rust off. 

1 hour ago, Richmond Bird 9 said:

Both Yastrzemski and Yacanonis will need to be added to the 40 man roster over the winter or they could be taken in the rule 5 draft. I will agree that Yaz may need more time, however it would give Buck some first hand look at him. It would also give Bourn 2-3 weeks to get the rust off. 

Yacabonis will probably be on the 40 man at some point this season.  

Yastrzemski doesn't have the upside IMO to be a rule 5 candidate and he's already 26.  He's an organizational player.  

51 minutes ago, weams said:

In my hypothetical, it would be Castillo and Pena for a while. 

Michael.  Come on.   They are not sending Caleb down when he is hitting like this.    Pena will go on waivers or be traded is my bet.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Michael.  Come on.   They are not sending Caleb down when he is hitting like this.    Pena will go on waivers or be traded is my bet.

Simply an option. To option.  If you chose to keep Pena. 

Archived