Pressbox: D. L. Hall

weams

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/06/16/first-round-pick-dl-hall-undecided-between-orioles-and-college?platform=hootsuite

"I think that's something that me and my family are working on making a decision," Hall said. "But I think either way it will be a blessing, whether I go play pro ball or if I do go play for Florida State. I think either way it's a win-win situation.

"... It's kind of one of those decisions that you make after [the draft] really, I've always been a real big fan of college and college has always [been] big for me in my head, but we'll see what happens."

The Orioles selected Hall, an explosive left-handed pitcher from Valdosta High School in Georgia, with the No. 21 pick in the 2017 MLB Draft June 12. Including Hall, the Orioles have drafted a pitcher in the first round for the fifth time in the past seven years.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

I hope he will sign with the O's. But I can't blame him it he chooses college. 

Choosing college after already going top 25 in the draft is gutsy.  All kinds of things can happen in 2-3 years.

3 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I hope he will sign with the O's. But I can't blame him it he chooses college. 

Well, his choice won't be college per se. It will be that the Orioles have not ponied up enough money and he thinks he can go 1,2,3 in two seasons. He is almost 19. 

15 minutes ago, weams said:

Boras advisor. 

:bangwall:   This is going to right down to the wire.  Our whole draft is going to be held hostage and then we won't know what we can do with other picks.  

We made the decision to draft the kid.  There is probably a reason he fell to 21.  If he's our whole draft then so be it.  

Archived