Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Hotdiggity said:

Kershaw re-injured his back this afternoon. Time to talk about the Orioles vaunted starting rotation? :D 

If they now put a higher priority on a righty SP, it may take them out of the elite lefty conversation. They may well settle for a lighter bullpen arm. 

I wasn't thinking that but Darvish would just be a rental and Verlander is owed $28 million a year. But it does have an impact on us if they don't want to gut their system up 10+ games. 

35 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I wasn't thinking that but Darvish would just be a rental and Verlander is owed $28 million a year. But it does have an impact on us if they don't want to gut their system up 10+ games. 

There is a different than Kershaw missing a start or two and being lost for the season.

2 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Pretty annoyed how nothing is coming out about Britton. I want some news.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/21/scared-teams-running-from-zach-britton-blockbuster/

“Britton is such a red flag for me,” said a scout from a team that badly wants to add top-flight relief. “Your medical people are going to earn every dollar if you agree to a trade for him. He is just not consistent. I am not sure if it is elbow or the fact that he missed two months and needs time to get consistent.

“But what scares me is the Orioles gave him all the time he needed to get healthy, gave him plenty of rehab outings and I am watching a guy who just pounded the bottom of the strike zone last year and now the ball is spraying all over the place too often.”

Sorry if already posted.

1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

I am not surprised. I believe DD is stalling because he may have the mistaken belief the O's are a playoff team. 

I really don't think that is the case. Usually trades aren't made this early either anyway...just want some news of teams being on/what may be on the table/etc. People will be more desperate right when the deadline is here than a week before.

Just now, ISU94 said:

I really don't think that is the case. Usually trades aren't made this early either anyway...just want some news of teams being on/what may be on the table/etc. People will be more desperate right when the deadline is here than a week before.

Plenty of trades have already been made.

Just now, Frobby said:

Pretty much what I feared/expected.   

So, a pitcher shouldn't hold much rust when coming back? Not sure what the control matters when his velo is there and his pitches are as nasty as ever. Roch even talked about this in his interview with Buster Olney.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Plenty of trades have already been made.

Yes, but again, look at past deadlines. That isn't the norm.

Plus, the main guys dealt have been the likes of JD Martinez who got a VERY light package and David Phelps who is a decent late inning RP. Cubs paid a ton for Quintana, but besides that not many big prospect packages have even been moved yet.

Just now, ISU94 said:

So, a pitcher shouldn't hold much rust when coming back? Not sure what the control matters when his velo is there and his pitches are as nasty as ever. Roch even talked about this in his interview with Buster Olney.

He hasn't shown good command at any point this year.   He had an extremely long rehab stint and "rust" really shouldn't be an excuse at this point.

He's pitched in 16 games this year and has had a clean inning only twice.    Anybody without orange-colored glasses can see that he hasn't been that dominant at any point this season.    ERA up, WHIP up, GB% down, K% down, BB% up.     

Archived