Luke Scott

RyanAdams420

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why the heck would the Orioles want to trade him? He's cheap, under control for 4 more seasons and he's the best LFer we've had since BJ Surhoff left the first time in 2000. He's the perfect fit at OPACY. Scott can always move to DH if Reimold is called up.

Agreed - I was actually trying to say that I don't think the O's have any intention of trading him, because if they did, they would be using him differently. I just forgot to make that point at the end of my post :P

I actually think the way they are using him now is more about trying to build value for Payton, Millar and Huff so they can be traded. I see Scott as our future DH for the next four years with Reimold in LF like a few others have suggested here.

Scott, Albers and Sarfate make that trade a win regardless if Patton recovers or not. Tejada isn't that great outside of the Juice Box...

A lot of folks really undervalued that trade at the time. Albers was John Sickels's #21 pitching prospect going into 2007. And - you're right - Scott easily replaces Tejada's offensive production.

Of course, shortstop is a cipher for us.

Stop always looking at stats. It's not always about stats from previous years. You have to look at how their doing this season mentally and physically.

Teach me how to get in the heads of baseball players! please! I wanna know! you must be great at gambling

Scott just CRUSHED that ball tonight. Second time he has hit a tape measure shot in the last few weeks (the other was his upper deck shot in Yankee Stadium). Watching him in the dugout immediately afterwards (teammates kidding him as he wrote stuff in his notebook), coming off the field with his hat brim up and grinning ear to ear, and listening to his post-game interview with Amber, you can see this guy is just loving it in Baltimore and is great for team chemistry.

The guy's going to lead this team in homers. I think he just has that swing.

We would trade somebody who's near the end of his 6 years to get someone who helps us in the future. Scott has four more years, and he's only 30.If we're offered enough-sure. But it w/have to be a lot.

Scott IS a part of our future.

Thank you.

I think the large majority of us have been clamoring for Luke to be a full time player. Hopefully Trembley starts seeing this.

I like Luke a lot and indeed was wrong about his power as I have already stated multiple times yet still get ragged on about (didn't know about his injury causing his inability to push off previously.) Anyway, I still don't think he is going to hit fourth for DT as unfortunately he is just too streaky. Nonetheless when he is hot he needs to be in the lineup daily.

Scott may be streaky, but I don't think he'd be as terrible as he was earlier. Some of that you can probably chalk up to illness.Right now, I'd rather have him in fourth than Huff. Huff's leaving too many on base.

But I gather that Trembley doesn't change lineups much.

He's gonna end up playing all the time somehow.

IMO, exactly when that happens doesn't matter that much.

DT's trying to juggle lots of things. It'd be fine with me if he did it soon, but I don't mind if he takes his time due to other considerations.

In the big picture, a month or two doesn't matter much.

I like Luke a lot and indeed was wrong about his power as I have already stated multiple times yet still get ragged on about (didn't know about his injury causing his inability to push off previously.) Anyway, I still don't think he is going to hit fourth for DT as unfortunately he is just too streaky. Nonetheless when he is hot he needs to be in the lineup daily.

You're never livin' that one down, partner!!!

Get used to it. :newcry:

He's gonna end up playing all the time somehow.

IMO, exactly when that happens doesn't matter that much.

DT's trying to juggle lots of things. It'd be fine with me if he did it soon, but I don't mind if he takes his time due to other considerations.

In the big picture, a month or two doesn't matter much.

Hahahaha.

Wait, what is Trembley trying to juggle in terms of Scott's playing time?

You're never livin' that one down, partner!!!

Get used to it. :newcry:

He's going to have to keep getting crapped on because he said the following about Luke Scott BEFORE the season started:

1. He doesn't have a home run swing

2. He's going to have a tough time adjusting to AL pitching

3. He'll be hard pressed to hit 15 home runs

Until he admits he was wrong about the 3 BEFORE the season started, and don't blame it on an illness and not knowing about it, then I will continue hounding him.

Archived