Buck Showalter seems agitated....

foxfield

12 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Sorry but I have to disagree that Manny has the right to tell DD and Buck where he will play. If he doesn't get to play SS is he going to pout and dog it? 

I seriously doubt Manny will dog it if Buck decides to play him at 3B.   For one thing, he hasn’t pouted about it for the last 6 seasons.   For another thing, he’s going into free agency and has all the incentive in the world to put together the best season he possibly can, regardless of where he’s playing.   

That said, my reading of the tea leaves is that Manny’s going to play SS, because Buck thinks he’s the better SS.    I think Buck indicated the issue would be addressed at Fanfest, so we’ll see.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I seriously doubt Manny will dog it if Buck decides to play him at 3B.   For one thing, he hasn’t pouted about it for the last 6 seasons.   For another thing, he’s going into free agency and has all the incentive in the world to put together the best season he possibly can, regardless of where he’s playing.   

That said, my reading of the tea leaves is that Manny’s going to play SS, because Buck thinks he’s the better SS.    I think Buck indicated the issue would be addressed at Fanfest, so we’ll see.

I don't see that. Manny may be the better SS but the upgrade wouldn't offset the downgrade at 3B. Unless we acquire a good one.

Archived