Buck Showalter seems agitated....

foxfield

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

isnt Boras his agent? Im guessing he'll want 6 years at top dollar whatever that is. 

He won't get what Boras is asking in this climate so he could end up taking a pillow. But the MFY might be a better fit for that.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

I don’t want Moustakas. I couldn’t take five or six years of constantly seeing his name misspelled. :cool:

I don't want him either. Anyone signing him for 4 years will be making a big mistake. His athleticism and defense are on the decline and he doesn't get on base enough. He was a league average player while hitting nearly 40 home runs. He's a one tool player entering his decline phase who will be signed well beyond his usefulness. I think we are very familiar with how that story plays out.

1 minute ago, Babypowder said:

I don't want him either. Anyone signing him for 4 years will be making a big mistake. His athleticism and defense are on the decline and he doesn't get on base enough. He was a league average player while hitting nearly 40 home runs. He's a one tool player entering his decline phase who will be signed well beyond his usefulness. I think we are very familiar with how that story plays out.

Oh, come now, that doesn’t remind you of anyone they have signed in the last year, does it?

• 4 weeks later...

“I think just the approach and trying to stay consistent,” he said. “The challenge is going to be when you don’t get a return for it for a couple of days. ‘Let’s try something else.’ You’ve got to stay with it.

“I tell guys all the time, I challenge them to immediately write down what they’re feeling when things are going real well. Don’t say, ‘Where are my hands, what kind of bat am I using, how’s my stance?’ That’s fine, that’s pretty easy, but it’s the other stuff. What are you feeling as you’re getting in the car and riding to the park, as you’re on the on-deck circle? What are you feeling when things are going real well?

“Those are things that you reach back for and try to recreate that atmosphere and the culture, so to speak. But he knows.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/02/this-that-and-the-other-150.html

What does Buck write?

2 minutes ago, weams said:

Surely you've noticed him writing in his little book after someone makes a bonehead play. He probably writes something like, "Jeremiah was a bullfrog. Was a good friend of mine. I never understood a single word he said, but I helped drink that wine. And he always had some mighty fine wine."

4 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Surely you've noticed him writing in his little book after someone makes a bonehead play. He probably writes something like, "Jeremiah was a bullfrog. Was a good friend of mine. I never understood a single word he said, but I helped drink that wine. And he always had some mighty fine wine."

I see him write all the time. I just never heard him speak of the writing. 

"I'm a high night flier and a rainbow rider. A straight-shootin' son of a gun"

On 1/23/2018 at 10:31 PM, webbrick2010 said:

No we are not. Tim Beckham is not and never will be a ML SS

One way or the other Manny will be the SS in 2018

I honestly agree with this except I was clarify that Beckam will never be a consistent ML SS since he's already been an everyday SS. Machado will be fine at SS and will be much more consistent than Beckam. Of course it makes you wonder why Duquette would trade away a young starting pitching prospect for a guy who wasn't going to be your every day SS. Beckam will have a below average stick at 3B though he might be ok defensively.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I honestly agree with this except I was clarify that Beckam will never be a consistent ML SS since he's already been an everyday SS. Machado will be fine at SS and will be much more consistent than Beckam. Of course it makes you wonder why Duquette would trade away a young starting pitching prospect for a guy who wasn't going to be your every day SS. Beckam will have a below average stick at 3B though he might be ok defensively.

IMO, the thinking there was just that they were still in the wild card hunt and needed somebody to take over for the injured Hardy. It was a bonus that he had a few years of control. And then of course Dan knows his real shortstop, Manny, will be gone in 2019.

Just now, interloper said:

IMO, the thinking there was just that they were still in the wild card hunt and needed somebody to take over for the injured Hardy. It was a bonus that he had a few years of control. And then of course Dan knows his real shortstop, Manny, will be gone in 2019.

Still won't make Beckam and everyday consistent SS. He just doesn't have the consistency and baseball instincts to be a good everyday shortstop. I don't doubt Duquette thought he was in the wild card hunt. He also thought the same thing when he gave away Davies for two months of Parra when his team was barely over .500. 

I've been scared just about every trading deadline since the Davies debacle. 

On 1/23/2018 at 9:31 PM, webbrick2010 said:

No we are not. Tim Beckham is not and never will be a ML SS

One way or the other Manny will be the SS in 2018

Yea like Beckham is a ML 3rd baseman. I'll be glad when this drama with Manny is over and he's gone. And Buck and DD are no longer connected to the O's. IMO 

28 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Yea like Beckham is a ML 3rd baseman. I'll be glad when this drama with Manny is over and he's gone. And Buck and DD are no longer connected to the O's. IMO 

Be careful what you wish for. There are no sure things in baseball but I'd be willing to bet that after they are gone you won't be happy with what replaces them.

38 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Be careful what you wish for. There are no sure things in baseball but I'd be willing to bet that after they are gone you won't be happy with what replaces them.

Absolutely. Anyone who is actively wishing for Buck to no longer be an Oriole is a fool, imo. Straight up.

The grass is not often greener.

Archived