Some things I've noticed about the Yankees

Nevermore

While watching a 14 inning game, against the Yankees, I noticed a few things about our noble opponents.

They all look the same. No beards, no mustaches, you can hardly see their closely trimmed hair. They don't even have 5:00 shadow on their cheeks.

They all wear neat white shirts with pinstripes and their black numbers on their backs. No names. How can ignorant visiting fans know who they are? . But maybe that's the point. No individuality, they look like those white uniformed members of the Imperial Guard from Star Wars.

As I recall, the Yankees have a very strict dress and grooming code. The Orioles have a dress code too. No Dallas Keuchal type beards. But more relaxed than the Yankees.  Individual Orioles can wear trimmed mustaches and short beards. When Andrew Cashner signed his contract, he made sure that he could keep his beard if he kept it trimmed. Management agreed. I noticed that Miguel Castro wears some braided gold hair trimming underneath his hat. Other Orioles have their own dressing quirks.

Anyway, just some obsservations.

3 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

No individuality, they look like those white uniformed members of the Imperial Guard from Star Wars.

Good observations. They are the Evil Empire, after all!

1 hour ago, Nevermore said:

While watching a 14 inning game, against the Yankees, I noticed a few things about our noble opponents.

They all look the same. No beards, no mustaches, you can hardly see their closely trimmed hair. They don't even have 5:00 shadow on their cheeks.

They all wear neat white shirts with pinstripes and their black numbers on their backs. No names. How can ignorant visiting fans know who they are? . But maybe that's the point. No individuality, they look like those white uniformed members of the Imperial Guard from Star Wars.

As I recall, the Yankees have a very strict dress and grooming code. The Orioles have a dress code too. No Dallas Keuchal type beards. But more relaxed than the Yankees.  Individual Orioles can wear trimmed mustaches and short beards. When Andrew Cashner signed his contract, he made sure that he could keep his beard if he kept it trimmed. Management agreed. I noticed that Miguel Castro wears some braided gold hair trimming underneath his hat. Other Orioles have their own dressing quirks.

Anyway, just some obsservations.

They play for the name on the front, not on the back as they say here in NY.

I also noticed something that earned my respect a little last night. Something happened while Judge was batting and Joseph's mask fell in the dirt. Judge picked it up and knocked the dirt off on his pants and gave it back to Joseph. I thought that was a classy move.

4 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I also noticed something that earned my respect a little last night. Something happened while Judge was batting and Joseph's mask fell in the dirt. Judge picked it up and knocked the dirt off on his pants and gave it back to Joseph. I thought that was a classy move.

Everything I've seen from Judge seems to indicate that he's a good human being. Like during the Yankees dynasty years, it was easy to hate the uniform but impossible to dislike Bernie Williams. 

4 hours ago, Malike said:

They play for the name on the front, not on the back as they say here in NY.

I always found it funny how many Yankees fans show up at OPACY with jerseys that say “Jeter” on the back, when Jeter himself never wore one.     

4 hours ago, Why Not? said:

Everything I've seen from Judge seems to indicate that he's a good human being. Like during the Yankees dynasty years, it was easy to hate the uniform but impossible to dislike Bernie Williams. 

Agreed. I do like Judge.  I don't like that i like Judge, but I like Judge.

5 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

That is a classy move. 

Archived