Orioles have the worst record in the AL

Uli2001

31 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

To win 70, that means they have to play .530 ball over the remaining 130 games.  I don't see this team at .500 at all for any significant stretch of the season, let alone .530 for 130 games.  

62-70 gets them to 70 wins   

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yep.  But this team hasn't come close to being 8 games under .500 for a bit of a stretch now.  And no reason to think that they can.

The Orioles hovered around .500 until August with a bad team under Trembley in 2008. They went 29-25 his first 54 games in 2007.  

Bad teams can play mediocre. 

This season is shot but I still think at some point they will have a solid stretch, when and how long I don’t know.  

22 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The Orioles hovered around .500 until August with a bad team under Trembley in 2008. They went 29-25 his first 54 games in 2007.  

Bad teams can play mediocre. 

This season is shot but I still think at some point they will have a solid stretch, when and how long I don’t know.  

They can, but you're not taking apathy into account here.  I think there's a big difference in taking a .500 team into August and just not having the horses to make a run compared to just getting your brains beat in constantly from Game 1.  

It's demoralizing to know that they have to play 130 games and there's practically no chance of a playoff spot.  "Playing out the string," is a term used often and thats what they're doing essentially right now.  

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

They can, but you're not taking apathy into account here.  I think there's a big difference in taking a .500 team into August and just not having the horses to make a run compared to just getting your brains beat in constantly from Game 1.  

It's demoralizing to know that they have to play 130 games and there's practically no chance of a playoff spot.  "Playing out the string," is a term used often and thats what they're doing essentially right now.  

I agree this current crop isn’t going to turn it around. I am banking on some new blood in here to get them going. 

If the starting pitching stays healthy I can see this team performing better the second half. 

24 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Tied for second worst record in MLB (only Cincy is worse) and second worst run differential (only KC is worse). You can't even say we've had bad luck.

Can someone remind me why Mike Wright is still on this team?

My guess is Brady Anderson. 

For the younger fans.  I would rather play 30 minutes of PUBG and get killed by some unseen assailant without having fired a shot, thus losing my fully kitted suppressed SKS and 416, rather than watch Orioles baseball.  Got to hone those skills in "Looting Simulator 2000" skills.

Just pretty much waiting to see if the O's have the fire sale.

I just don't see this team catching fire and running off a streak of wins this month.

Way to many holes, Offense BAD, BP BAD, Starting Pitching BAD, Defense BAD!

The entire dang team from top to bottom (I'll give Mancini and Machado a pass). They have earned the worst team in the AL

This epically bad season can be a blessing if the organization reacts the way it should by dismissing Duquette, bringing in the new GM and starting the fire sale. And this really needs to happen very soon to get the new GM in here, give him enough time to assess the organization and start setting up the deals. I just hope we're not looking back in 20 or 30 years and seeing the five-year stretch from 2012-2016 as a blip in a decades long stretch of futility.

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The saddest thing here is that I don't trust them at all to do a rebuild like the Astros did.  That can't happen here, the franchise isn't smart enough.

I can’t disagree. By a combination of being snake bitten and taking only half measures for years under Angelos (mostly the latter), I don’t trust this franchise to go a proven route to success and rebuild. 

Angelos should change the name of his firm to Murphy’s Law and then they can rename the ballpark Oriole Park at Murphy’s Law. 

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Me too.   I’m busy trying to figure out what TV shows I should catch up on this summer.    

My wife and I were considering re-watching The Wire for about the 4th time. But even then you can’t get away from the Orioles as I recall McNulty and Bunk and their kids show up at OPACY (during the Dark Years)  and there’s the Sun reporter’s story about opening day. 

This should also help us build on a strong farm at the lower levels.  We have some very interesting pitching prospects in the lower minors but don't have a ton of positional prospects to go along with them.  The rotation at Delmarva is completely dominating 1-6 and a few other guys that are in the pen throwing in short 2 to 3 inning stints are also pitching well.  That is the group that will be here to build around imo.  I would be looking at lower to mid level guys in return for guys we trade off on.  I don't think we have enough guy to compete with the big boys in 2019.  I think we can improve on this team but the deeper talent seems to be in A ball so hopefully we add some positional prospects to that core of pitching we have.

Archived