Jim Palmer just threw Chris Davis under the bus

accinfo

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt if we hired a new hitting instructor that Chris would listen to him.   Buck needs to be saying this stuff.  Bench Davis and then say until he works at getting better he will be sitting.  Instead he bats him fifth.  

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Or the conspiracy conspiracy theory.He covered for Davis but would like a job after this crap 

This is what I think. Coolbaugh covered for Davis to the press, but now the truth is coming out. 

Not only will we not be able to find anyone to take over the day to day GM stuff. We are running through Pitching and Hitting coaches that will work for Buck. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is what I think. Coolbaugh covered for Davis to the press, but now the truth is coming out. 

Not only will we not be able to find anyone to take over the day to day GM stuff. We are running through Pitching and Hitting coaches that will work for Buck. 

Plausible.

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don't understand why that would be true. No reason Davis has to work out with Coolbaugh in off season.  

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse. Have to agree with Palmer. Choke up, use a smaller bat, change your stance, bunt, do SOMETHING. You can't get any worse than what you're doing now so at least give something else a shot. 

Cal Ripken made constant adjustments to his batting stance in an effort to improve,

Davis hasn’t changed anything.  Why should he, it’s not like Buck is going to bench him or anything.

At what point do you keep putting a sub-.500 OPS Chris Davis into the lineup everyday in the fifth spot. 

At what point do you hit him 8 or 9th?

At what point do you sit him 3-4 days a week?

At what point do you sit him everyday?

It's getting ridiculous.  I don't care that the games don't matter because we are so bad.  Morale still matters.  Giving better players a chance matters.  The fans matter.  No one wants to see this.  It's not good for anyone to keep writing his name into the lineup on a daily basis. 

Even if it is not with Coolbaugh, I would expect Davis to put in an immense amount of work over the offseason. If not, it totally shatters this narrative perpetuated by Showalter that his struggles are eating him alive. You simply can't be that devastated by it if you did nothing to improve the situation, try new things, tweak the stance, etc.

Ultimately, this is all hearsay at the moment so, I am not going to get riled up until more information comes out about what exactly he did to improve over this offseason. The results from this season speak for itself, but I need more to condemn him as a lazy liar instead of just an incompetent hitter incapable of making adjustments and evolving. 

Archived