Jim Palmer just threw Chris Davis under the bus

accinfo

I didn't catch Jim's comments post-game. Thanks for this. But I do remember during the game when Davis let a strike 3 down the middle and Davis looked incredulous as if "no way you called it a strike." And Palmer sort of made it sound like "He's not seeing the ball coming out of the pitcher's hand. He doesn't see the ball as it crosses the plate. He's not even looking at it. Is he even seeing the pitches?"

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, atomic said:

I doubt if we hired a new hitting instructor that Chris would listen to him.   Buck needs to be saying this stuff.  Bench Davis and then say until he works at getting better he will be sitting.  Instead he bats him fifth.  

Davis would say, "Thank you", and happily sit on the bench for $141,975 per game and eat sunflower seeds, then go home to his children and wife and enjoy his extravagant lifestyle.

I mean, if he could not show up at the park at all, that would be even better as it'd save him several hours out of the day, and he could spend those hours with his kids or playing video games or something. But, eh, for $141,975, pretty much any human being would happily spend 4 to 8 hours at a baseball park, occasionally working out and taking batting practice and eating sunflower seeds.

I was watching the Caps game tonight, but saw enough during intermission to see Cobb hasn't gotten any better at all. Sure glad we signed him. Maybe he needs a different ball?

Anyway, Palmer has been the voice of reason and never pulls punches. He has earned the credibility he has and I do not consider his words to be "hearsay" at all. Why would he make things up? If he said it, I believe it until proven otherwise. I certainly believe him over anyone in this organization right now.

So, lets see here. Davis apparently lies about working out with Coolbaugh in the offseason with his swing and offensive game. He looks the fans right in the eye and tells them a flat out lie. It tells me Davis doesn't care about his performance. He doesn't care that he is doing so poorly. He doesn't care about improving or making adjustments. He should have been working a lot on improving, but apparently, he did nothing. I have been waiting to see some kind of change as well, but haven't seen much. I did see that call strike three that was right down the middle and saw Davis act like it wasn't a strike. He really must not be seeing the ball if he thought that was a ball. It was right down the middle.

He's got his money, why does he care? Buck got it for him and continues to hit him in the middle of the order. No accountability anywhere. Perform as badly as you want, I'll never bench you. I wouldn't be happy if I was a player, that's for sure. It's a circus and people want to blame the players? Ridiculous. The performance of the players is exactly what I'd expect to see considering the state of this organization. Davis lies about working out with Coolbaugh. It seems like he's covering for Davis, so he's complicit in lying to the public about this as well. Again, no accountability. No reason for the players to play better, what's the point? They don't have to earn anything, it just gets handed to them. Winning doesn't matter, loyalty is everything. Loyal to the dark in the basement.

We are the worst team in baseball.  I have zero problem with anyone throwing anyone under the bus.  In this case, when a guy like Palmer who has lifelong currency with Os fans throws Davis under the bus for becoming a lazy, horrible baseball player, I am all for it.  I am glad he did it....feel free to add more next post game!  

5 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Cal Ripken made constant adjustments to his batting stance in an effort to improve,

Davis hasn’t changed anything.  Why should he, it’s not like Buck is going to bench him or anything.

Yes, but he was good.

As much as Davis sucks. Coolbaugh has to be fired. Even if you remove Davis, every other player is significantly underachieving. We probably can’t bring in someone from outside the organization until the offseason, but it’s time to see what the AAA or AA hitting coach can do. 

Was it Davis who claimed to be working with Coolbaugh or was it Buck reporting that Davis was working hard with Coolbaugh all off-season? Davis would have no reason to make up such a like, but for Buck it's the daily drivel. 

How do you know when Buck Showalter is lying? His lips are moving.

9 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Was it Davis who claimed to be working with Coolbaugh or was it Buck reporting that Davis was working hard with Coolbaugh all off-season? Davis would have no reason to make up such a like, but for Buck it's the daily drivel. 

How do you know when Buck Showalter is lying? His lips are moving.

The team treats fans like they are 8 year olds. They fed us some fan fest story like Davis was personally flying Coolbaugh to his place and working hard. 

Looks like a big slap in the face to Coolbaugh. Our big Lefty, high priced slugger, won’t even work out with him. 

How can Coolbaugh survive this?  Do the other players listen to him?  Maybe Mancini?

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

The team treats fans like they are 8 year olds. They fed us some fan fest story like Davis was personally flying Coolbaugh to his place and working hard. 

Looks like a big slap in the face to Coolbaugh. Our big Lefty, high priced slugger, won’t even work out with him. 

Know can Coolbaugh survive this?  Do the other players listen to him?  Maybe Mancini?

Doesn't have anything to do with Coolbaugh. He got used in a lie. Didn't tell the lie. He's just the fall guy.

Archived