Jim Palmer just threw Chris Davis under the bus

accinfo

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, atomic said:

His wife just had twins and he another young daughter.  I am sure he was busy.  

You would hope his salary would enable him to get some help with those things so that he could spend some time working on the skills that provide his livelihood. 

52 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

As much as Davis sucks. Coolbaugh has to be fired. Even if you remove Davis, every other player is significantly underachieving. We probably can’t bring in someone from outside the organization until the offseason, but it’s time to see what the AAA or AA hitting coach can do. 

Howie Clark is the Orioles Asst. hitting coach.Not sure what he does. But I am sure he is the hardest working coach like all Oriole coaches. He might get Brady his coffee and clean out both his lockers. Fold and clean his clothes.

6 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I know Jim Palmer well...one thing he never does is lie. Sometimes his honesty is maddening for some in the WAREHOUSE but he doesn't have to lie at this point in his career.

I believe Jim Palmer is telling the truth.  The question now is..........how do we know Coolbaugh told Palmer the truth?

Chris Davis / Buck have a definite reason to "lie" (potentially) to say he worked hard with Coolbaugh in the offseason.

After this disastrous start to the season, Coolbaugh himself though also has every reason to lie saying "no I never worked with him."

More evidence is needed, but clearly someone above is lying........again.......I don't think it's Palmer.

Good for Palmer. Davis currently (among qualified players) is tied for the worst batting average, 3rd worst OBP, and 2nd worst OPS. Fangraphs has him at -1.5 WAR and Baseball-Reference has him at -1.4 WAR. As of today he is the worst player in baseball.

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Bumping this article again from the first page of this thread.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-chris-davis-struggles-20180130-story.html

While I can't say with 100% certainty........ it seems that Coolbaugh is the one changing his story from January to now.

Nothing in that article details any work. It sounds like they may have had a talk, and that’s about it.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Nothing in that article details any work. It sounds like they may have had a talk, and that’s about it.

Except the very first sentence of the article.    Granted it's not a quote......but it seems like an odd thing for a reporter to just make up.

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Bumping this article again from the first page of this thread.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-chris-davis-struggles-20180130-story.html

While I can't say with 100% certainty........ it seems that Coolbaugh is the one changing his story from January to now.

Let's look closer at what was actually said.

He's been very receptive

That doesn't require work.

He's working hard

Not we are working hard.

"Is that a mental thing?" Coolbaugh said. "Is that a physical thing? We've talked about that

Emphasis mine.

Coolbaugh said the two have also discussed how to hit against the shift.

Discussed

We've talked about the shift

Talked

Yes I know Dirty made the same point, but I was already quoting when they posted.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Let's look closer at what was actually said.

That doesn't require work.

Not we are working hard.

Emphasis mine.

Discussed

Talked

Yes I know Dirty made the same point, but I was already quoting when they posted.

At least you guys are "working"!

8 minutes ago, matt331 said:

Good for Palmer. Davis currently (among qualified players) is tied for the worst batting average, 3rd worst OBP, and 2nd worst OPS. Fangraphs has him at -1.5 WAR and Baseball-Reference has him at -1.4 WAR. As of today he is the worst player in baseball.

Not only the worst player but the highest paid worst player. And...

We can have the "joy" of watching him play for years to come "thanks" to Buck.

Archived