Rays vs Redsox

Fan4Life

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh shut up Pedroia, you annoying little twit!

Oh man, what did he say now?

I was completely psyched to see the Rays sweep the Sox. And particularly happy to see that Pedroia didn't hit for the cycle, because somehow that would manage to overshadow the sweep.

Big Papi says the Rays are no big deal, since everyone knows the Yanks and Red Sox are the only thing that matters...

“The two best teams in baseball playing against each other, it don’t matter,” said Ortiz regarding the reality that the Red Sox and Yankees will be starting their four-game series tonight with both clubs out of the division’s top spot.

“There’s time. There’s a lot of games left. One way or another, (the Yankees) know how to figure it out. Time will tell, it’s a long season. These kids down the street (the Rays) have been playing well, you can’t take that way from them. But things happen. Sometimes experience shows up and takes over."

Source

I was in Florida on vacation so I made it to the Trop for game 2 of this series. I walked up and was able to buy tickets but the place was basically full and sadly there were many more Rays fans than the Orioles had for their series against the Sox. It was a great game, and I have to say the place was pretty electric. Lots of bandwagon fans, who clearly just started paying attention (with Longoria jerseys). Speaking of Eva, he made an unbelievable play at 3rd and the place erupted. Very happy for the Rays to sweep the Sox.

I met a few rays fans and they love to rub our nose in it. I told them wait till we play them again. So I can't wait to kick their butts.

Im sure for every annoying Rays fan out there, there's about 20-30 annoying Sox and Yankee fans.

Im sure for every annoying Rays fan out there, there's about 20-30 annoying Sox and Yankee fans.

That's true, But what they are saying is that every year the Birds and rays would battle for last place. Now the Orioles have last place all to themselfs. If that's not fighting words I don't know what is.

Archived