O's said to be interested in Hanley Ramirez

Flacco Machado

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Flacco Machado said:

Sorry, I didn't see a thread on it. 

Isn't one until this one.

But folks did mention it in three other threads.

I'm not ripping on you, just commenting on how folks put stuff in different spots.

Sorry if it came off as me being upset with you.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not ripping on you, just commenting on how folks put stuff in different spots.

I started to post it myself but couldn't stop laughing long enough. ?

20 minutes ago, Flacco Machado said:

We're still in this thing! Go get em, DD...er...Brady...er...Buck...er...John...er...Lou...yeah, one of you!

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

So the Orioles are not getting Jose Ramirez and their top pitching prospect for Manny?

That would be the stupest thing the world. I hope Peter Angelos is not that crazy. 

I'm assuming we'd DFA Alvarez if we did this?  Hanley could play third?

I hope we don't, but I'm guessing they would view it as an upgrade over Alvarez if Hanley could be had for cheap.

But, obviously the question is, what would be the point? Talk about a band-aid over a bullet hole

54 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not at all. I just didn't want to think I missed seeing a thread. The sheer notion of possibly signing him got me really excited...

Claiming Hanley is not the dumbest idea in the world. There are reports that multiple teams are interested. The Orioles have waiver priority. If there are teams interested, flip him. I realize you're not going to get a lot, but the team that would trade for him gets him at the pro-rated minimum--that could bring back a low-level prospect, which is not nothing.

Worst case? Play him for a few weeks and hope he gets hot and then trade him (or cut him). It's not like he would be blocking a prospect.

I'm by no means suggesting it's a brilliant move, but it's at the very least worth considering.

1 minute ago, gtown said:

Claiming Hanley is not the dumbest idea in the world. There are reports that multiple teams are interested. The Orioles have waiver priority. If there are teams interested, flip him. I realize you're not going to get a lot, but the team that would trade for him gets him at the pro-rated minimum--that could bring back a low-level prospect, which is not nothing.

Worst case? Play him for a few weeks and hope he gets hot and then trade him (or cut him). It's not like he would be blocking a prospect.

I'm by no means suggesting it's a brilliant move, but it's at the very least worth considering.

If the O's claim the waiver they have to pay him.

Archived