Machado to the Dodgers, 5-1 deal

TonySoprano

7 minutes ago, section18 said:

Does anyone know the Callis story behind his hate/dislike for the Orioles? It's been going on for several years. Did he work for the Orioles at one time or interview for a job and was turned down?  He never says anything nice about the Orioles.  It's interesting how his interview went on mlb network reviewing the players we received.  He said something like nobody above average and when they posted each players key stats on the screen for everyone to look at he said stuff like Bannon is okay and Pop is okay and Kremer is okay and was okay with Diaz. Valera he was okay with.  Before they posted their key stats on the screen he was totally down on who we received.  Anyone know why he dislikes the Orioles.

I think some of this is that the players that were rumored were better. Instinct is to say the haul is disappointing.   No rumors were as “bad”as what the Orioles ended up getting 

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Tanking with Tillman might not be the worst thing in world.  

Tanking is not my style. Waaaay out of my comfort zone.  Call it demanding your money's worth and I might get to sleep at night.  Maybe...

7 minutes ago, Ripken said:

I mean, no matter the past, this trade and these statements do provide hope...

W6yLPBx.png

Ghiroli's tweet is huge.  Complete organizational sea change.  Must mean PA is no longer in control.  (Reaching for several grains of salt, right now).  Phrasing also seems to suggest that Duquette may still be around.  Color me gobsmacked if true...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ripken said:

I mean, no matter the past, this trade and these statements do provide hope...

W6yLPBx.png

I have been thinking over the last couple of weeks, with not much deep reasoning of course, that both Dan and Buck stay on...in slightly modified roles. Brady too. None of them are as senile as Thrift was yet. Plus they are "mature" so they don't need a sabbatical to come back from to reaffirm how awesome they are, or another team they can do a rescue 911 on.  They have become a vaguely functional/dysfunctional family. Onward!

11 minutes ago, baltfan said:

BTW, everyone talks about AM getting a great haul for Bedard,  but reports are that he was offered Votto and Hamilton and chose Seattle offer instead.  Just something to think about. 

At the time a rival GM was quoted as saying there were better offers on the table.  

I think it is the best decision to go with the team offering you the top player overall.  Get one sure thing over 2 high maybes.  I would have gone with the Dodgers offer over what the Phillies were rumored to offer.  I can only imagine how bad the Yankees offer was that they weren't even in the final 3.  Hopefully Cashman gets fired after this season when they Yankees lose in the play-in game. 

Wanted Verdugo, may and lux but that was hopeful thinking. Solid return and I think they did a good job. I am most happy with them getting future players instead of “mlb ready” players. It means a rebuild and not a retool. A retool would have been sad, good enough to not get a good pick but bad enough not to make the playoffs. This shows we are on a two year plan and can be excited to watch the young guys come up. It also gives me hope that we are going to trade not only Britton but everyone else we can. This manny trade had to happen first because they didn’t want to trade off any other pieces that could have been packaged with manny. The next two weeks we should see some serious boost to the farm. The national guys will probably still say that the farm sucks. 

Come on Victor Victor! 

2 hours ago, 24fps said:

Ghiroli's tweet is huge.  Complete organizational sea change.  Must mean PA is no longer in control.  (Reaching for several grains of salt, right now).  Phrasing also seems to suggest that Duquette may still be around.  Color me gobsmacked if true...

I've only been in town for 6 years. Can someone tell me why Angelos wouldn't do international signings? I mean the dude isn't racist so what is it. Is there a story? I mean just look at how many good Latin players there are. And if he doesn't do international signings, how did we get Schoop?