Is tonight, Kevin Gausman's last start, as an Oriole?

Flacco Machado

Is tonight, Kevin Gausman's last start, as an Oriole?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Is tonight, Kevin Gausman's last start, as an Oriole?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/29/18 at 16:47

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Malike said:

If he starts tonight he's not being traded. There is no way they would start him tonight with something close.

It is 3 days from the deadline, plenty of time.

Rays just pitched Archer last night and teams are in serious discussions with the Rays for him. 

3 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

It is 3 days from the deadline, plenty of time.

Rays just pitched Archer last night and teams are in serious discussions with the Rays for him. 

A team could call on Tuesday.  Especially a team that gets news on Monday that one of their starting pitchers is getting season ending surgery.  

5 minutes ago, connja said:

Does Gausman have more or less value than Archer, and therefore command more or less in a trade?

Archer extra year control and most likely cheaper.  Numbers after this year. 

Archer has 3 years and 27.5 guaranteed 

Gausman 2 years 18 to 20 million my best guess I’d he pitches like he has through career.  

Gausman is two years younger so less wear on arm.  They seem about equal pitching wise as Archer has dropped off.  Rays should have traded him earlier in his career as he hasn’t improved.

7 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Significantly less. Archer has a better track record and is under team control for an additional season.

I know this site loves WAR - I don't understand it all that well, but looks like KG has a 2.0 WAR this year vs. .4 for Archer.  Career numbers are similar.  

2 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

They seem about equal pitching wise as Archer has dropped off.

I would love to take a bet on their future performance on the Archer side if you think they are about equal. Rest of this season, next season, next two seasons, name the terms.

7 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Significantly less. Archer has a better track record and is under team control for an additional season.

Since 2014 when Gausman joined the Orioles he has been with more WAR then Archer and  is younger.  The extra year helps archer but numbers are similar over this years and Gausman is two years younger.  If the year both has three years it would be tough call imo maybe facing Gausman because of age.

Archived