Give me a reason to be excited about the performance of any of our short-season guys

Frobby

Kolodny's numbers at Aberdeen so far look a lot like those of Nick Markakis, who hit .283/.372/.395/.767. Good average, good OBP, mediocre power. Aberdeen is death on power hitters.

Of course Markakis was 8 months younger when he played at Aberdeen in 2003 than Kolodny is now, so I'm not suggesting that Kolodny is the next Nick Markakis, but I do think it's fair to consider him as a prospect. He is not old for the New York Penn League and is putting up good numbers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think Markakis really turned anybody's head as a potential top prospect until his age 21 season, when he went through Frederick and Bowie.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think Markakis really turned anybody's head as a potential top prospect until his age 21 season, when he went through Frederick and Bowie.

Well, BA did name him as the top prospect in the NY-Penn League after his season at Aberdeen, even though his numbers weren't earth-shattering. But the next year he wasn't in BA's top 20 in the Sally League.

Archived