Snyder-O-Meter up to .290!!!

DocJJ

However, Tyler Henson, the 3B at Delmarva, will deserve a promotion to Frederick. Does he take 3B while Rowell moves to 1B? Or does Henson go back to SS? Some other solution?

As a hitter, to me it would seem that he projects better as a 2B with his athleticism... Personally I'd like to see more pop from 3B.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Finan, do you see him moving up or staying with Bowie

He's 26, hitting .245 with an OPS in the .700s. Doesn't look too promising. If he finished strong maybe he would be at Norfolk next year. The OH doesn't have in its top 30 prospect list. Seems like he will have tough time making an impact as, like Nettles, he has better and younger players above him and below him.

I sat down with Brandon earlier in the day and talked about his success at the plate among other things. He's certainly en fuego and there's nothing that Carolina League pitchers can do about him right now. He's just frustrating opponents right now, and it's starting to rub off on a few other players in the lineup.

I sat down with Brandon earlier in the day and talked about his success at the plate among other things. He's certainly en fuego and there's nothing that Carolina League pitchers can do about him right now. He's just frustrating opponents right now, and it's starting to rub off on a few other players in the lineup.

Obviously theres nothing wrong right now, but are there lingering concerns about his inability to draw walks against this level of competition? His BB/PA rate is quite low, though it would be less of an issue one if he maintained the high average over a long duration.

So when should Snyder be promoted to Bowie?

Next season. Personally I feel he would be overmatched in the Eastern League because of his age. Granted he's clobbering the ball well right now, but there are things he needs to work on (such as the all-important walk issue). With the Orioles brass hesitant to rush players, I truthfully don't expect Snyder to go there until 2009.

Archived