Jonathan Villar- Our new 2B?

Greg Pappas

22 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He's been a solid 2 WAR guy all season. He's gotten hot enough to maybe hit 3 WAR.

Considering he’s at 2.8 rWAR right now, I’d say 3 WAR is more likely than not.    He just needs to avoid a deep slump.    He’s on pace for 3.5.   

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Considering he’s at 2.8 rWAR right now, I’d say 3 WAR is more likely than not.    He just needs to avoid a deep slump.    He’s on pace for 3.5.   

And yet no one wanted him at the deadline. That’s a genuine conundrum.

Just now, Frobby said:

We don’t know that nobody wanted him.   We know nobody offered something that Elias wanted to take.   

Yes I suppose that’s my basic point, but I also think it is probable that Mike did not over value him. I don’t think he put an unreasonably high value on him, and what he was wanting in return was reasonable. I don’t know what reasonable is, but I think it is more likely that no one was interested rather than people were interested and the price was too high.

25 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yes I suppose that’s my basic point, but I also think it is probable that Mike did not over value him. I don’t think he put an unreasonably high value on him, and what he was wanting in return was reasonable. I don’t know what reasonable is, but I think it is more likely that no one was interested rather than people were interested and the price was too high.

I would think what Mike wanted for Villar was someone that with a decent chance of helping the O's when they are contenders and to assume the rest of Villar contract for this season.   A decent prospect.  And I don't think he was offered that or he would have made the deal IMO.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I would think what Mike wanted for Villar was someone that with a decent chance of helping the O's when they are contenders and to assume the rest of Villar contract for this season.   A decent prospect.  And I don't think he was offered that or he would have made the deal IMO.

Yes I think that’s entirely likely. That’s reasonable and nobody was interested.

villar drives me nuts but he is still a solid player.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Sounds about right.

3 hours ago, Philip said:

And yet no one wanted him at the deadline. That’s a genuine conundrum.

None of the contending teams wanted him. Unfortunately at least one of the best fits for him (Texas) collapsed just before the deadline.  I think we could see some interest in the off-season. I would be surprised if he is non tendered. Can anyone think of comparable 3+ WAR players to get non tendered?

20 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

None of the contending teams wanted him. Unfortunately at least one of the best fits for him (Texas) collapsed just before the deadline.  I think we could see some interest in the off-season. I would be surprised if he is non tendered. Can anyone think of comparable 3+ WAR players to get non tendered?

He was never getting nontendered

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Earlier in the summer, I did not think he would be tender to contract, but now I think he will be. I’m not sure anybody wants him. He will certainly The more expensive once he is tendered because then the new team would be responsible for his arbitration raise. So it’s pretty likely that he’ll stay with us

o

This was Villar's 4th home run in his last 6 games.

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 8/24)

NUMBER 19

JONATHAN RAFAEL VILLAROQUE

o

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

This was Villar's 4th home run in his last 6 games.

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 8/24)

NUMBER 19

o

This guy is on fire.....I'm wondering if the guys that said he'd be Nontendered this offseason are ready to eat crow??

C'mon gents, we know who you are!