Mullins is with the Orioles! (edited)

terpoh

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

You know who else can't hit lefties... Kyle Schwarber, Andrew Benintendi, Michael Conforto, Brett Gardner.

Also, he's defended himself against LHP much better this year. I mean, the only reason he's not on the roster is that Adam Jones declined to waive his no-trade protection. I don't blame Jones for his decision, it was his right to make it. I also don't think there is any harm in letting Mullins stay in AAA a little longer. What I don't want is Buck planting Mullins on the bench or deciding he's only a platoon player without any MLB data to back it up. 

That isn't the reason.  Mullins and Jones still only gives you two real outfielders.   

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I have no evidence, but it stands to reason that he has had fewer AB's vs lefties and the more experience he can get against them, the better.

Do you have evidence that players can magically hit lefties by being promoted to MLB? That would be surprising.

Yes, I have evidence. It's not real evidence, but it is magical. Do you have some rum?  If so I will introduce you to Jobu.  He can definitely work magic, but really as long as the players eyes are unblocked, they should be able to get the job done themselves.  But either way, you're gonna need some rum. ;) 

6 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Friday at the earliest. Not making a move on the road, after Jones only got 1 day of reps, and while Mullins is sick.

Buck more or less said it could come at the end of this road trip.

46 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Will be interesting to see if Buck bats him leadoff once he's here.

I’d imagine the move will come on an off day. I’d probably go Mullins/Villar 1-2. Lots of speed at the top of the lineup. Can’t remember the last time we had two guys with real speed at the top of the lineup. 2003-2006 BRob and Mora?

Archived