Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

1 minute ago, weams said:

Weapon in the bullpen?  Gausman and Brach  in the middle innings?  

Possibly?  I dunno.  Gausman has been good for them, not sure why they'd mess with him.

But if true...haha, two contributing members of the worst Orioles season holding it down for the Braves bullpen in a playoff series.

12 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Why's precious Kevin getting skipped?

From ESPN:

Atlanta left-hander Sean Newcomb will start Game 3 of the National League Division Series against the Los Angeles Dodgers with his team on the brink of elimination, the Braves announced Saturday.

Newcomb came within one strike of throwing a no-hitter against the Dodgers at home on July 29.

1 hour ago, VaBird1 said:

Interesting, I would rather see Gausman win that contest.

I don’t know. For some reason, I always love seeing our former position players play well. But I kind of get annoyed when our former pitchers play well.

Maybe it’s just lingering saltiness from Arrieta or something? Maybe it’s just that we’ve enjoyed much better hitting than (starting) pitching over the past ten years...

Still hoping the Braves can win this thing though!

Interesting the Gausman no longer takes his glove above his head to start his windup.

I think he did that on his own this year with the O's (as we don't have a pitching coach), but it looks like Wallace and Chiti got rid of it.

We need to find a real pitching coach for all they young pitchers we are going to have for the next 3 years.