Poll: Will the O's sign the Mesa brothers?

Greg Pappas

Will the O's sign the Mesa brothers?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Will the O's sign the Mesa brothers?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

To me the Marlins trading for more slot money was the turning point.  I don't see them doing it unless they have a deal in place with at least VVM.  I'm not sold that his brother is a package deal.  The O's or another team could very well end up with junior.

That crossed my mind, in so far as them not signing together, but I'd say the odds are highly in favor of a package deal, and I didn't want to have too many poll choices.  Good thought though.

2 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

That crossed my mind, in so far as them not signing together, but I'd say the odds are highly in favor of a package deal, and I didn't want to have too many poll choices.  Good thought though.

The way I see it, if they sign together they still won't be playing together for at least three years. 

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

To me the Marlins trading for more slot money was the turning point.  I don't see them doing it unless they have a deal in place with at least VVM.  I'm not sold that his brother is a package deal.  The O's or another team could very well end up with junior.

From what I read his brother has a higher ceiling.  I don't think they sign them though because they threw some of their signing pool in the trash can. If the Phillies trade that money to the Marlins you know they really screwed up. 

18 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I’m just getting disgusted by the whole damn thing. It’s the same thing in the NBA, teams like Baltimore loses out on major free agents simply because of geological location. 

Or from gross incompetence.  They shouldn't have traded part of their pool and they could have gotten way more than the Marlins via trades. If they have 2 million more to offer the brothers there is no way they are going to the Marlins. 

55 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I’m just getting disgusted by the whole damn thing. It’s the same thing in the NBA, teams like Baltimore loses out on major free agents simply because of geological location. 

All international players go in the draft in the NBA which is nothing like what happens in baseball.  

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think he's more talking about NBA free agents only wanting to go to desirable locations.  No top flight NBA free agents consider a place like Milwaukee, for example.  

And yet for a time there, they went to Cleveland.

Almost like it isn't just the geographical location.