When will the Orioles Announce hirings?

Bahama O's Fan

9 hours ago, Oriol3s said:

I would certainly hope they have their LISTS for both positions filled with 4,5, or more candidates.  Mybe they've even set up some interviews.

However, I HOPE (EXPECT) these lists contain at least a few people currently involved in the playoff runs of the Indians, Astros, A's, Red Sox, or other clubs, so a hire may not be likely or possible at all until after the World Series.

Waiting...

This team is not going to invest that kind of money for a last place team for 3 years. IMO

They are going cheap.

Look for a AAA manager, who can relate and instruct the younger prospects that will be making up the roster.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't care how long it takes for the O's to select a long term GM.   Brian Graham is very capable of handling the GM's duties until someone is selected.  I don't see the O's signing any expensive free agents this off season.  Trades can wait until January.  The important thing is to select the right person to rebuild the club for the future.

9 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

So Kim Ng is probably a serious candidate, if not probably the front runner for the job at this point. 

Interesting points. It would be great to see the O's be first in something. She has a terrific resume.

I hope the Orioles are looking at a diverse group of manager candidates as well.

9 hours ago, OregonBird said:

Ned Colletti feels like a move the Orioles would make.

He's the type of guy I would prefer in a President of Baseball Operations position.  Very similar to what the Braves did with John Hart.  I would like that type of experience at the top and then let Colletti hire a younger up and comer (probably/hopefully) from the Dodgers as GM.

And of course, very similar to what the Phillies did with Macphail and Klentak

9 hours ago, OregonBird said:

Ned Colletti feels like a move the Orioles would make.

It sure does.  At least the old Orioles.  But it's a new day, a page has turned, it's springtime in Baltimore.  Haven't you heard?

55 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I really don't care how long it takes for the O's to select a long term GM.   Brian Graham is very capable of handling the GM's duties until someone is selected.  I don't see the O's signing any expensive free agents this off season.  Trades can wait until January.  The important thing is to select the right person to rebuild the club for the future.

There has to be a GM to hire a manager. That's the way normal teams operate. If Brady hires a manager before the GM then this team is screwed from the beginning. 

9 hours ago, Malike said:

Just curious as to why you think Ng is the front runner? She hasn't worked for a team in like 7 years, working for MLB. Her name has been floated around for years, but she's never been hired. Is it the press release statement? I think you pretty much need to say "he or she" in 2018.

Don’t like that line....not picking on you and I think you are correct, but it is akin to pretending to do something you have no intention of doing. 

That said...IF I were running the team my dad owned and I knew MLB wasn’t wild about the team staying in the family, this would be a great time to step forward and hire the first woman GM. 

I would not discount the possibility. I think it’s real. 

Archived