Orioles hire Mike Elias as Executive Vice President and GM

ISU94

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also don't care about Elias.  Sorry.

I mean, nice hire, analytics, young, Yale, wow, I'm impressed.  Can this guy go into a room,  give Angelos (or his sons)  and/or Brady the finger and tell them to get out of the way?

Plenty a good baseball man hasn't been able to survive working for the Orioles for 25+ years now.  I'd be thrilled to be wrong but I'm not believing it until I see results.  And results include reports that PGA (I know, I know, he's apparently not involved anymore...want to buy a bridge?) or the sons are not involved on decisions.  

If you're gonna give this yuppie the job, it doesn't matter unless he has free reign.  Until then, it's more of the same.  A golf clap to the Orioles for at least making a turn towards analytics and advanced analysis, congrats on being 15 years too late to the party.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I mean, nice hire, analytics, young, Yale, wow, I'm impressed.  Can this guy go into a room,  give Angelos (or his sons)  and/or Brady the finger and tell them to get out of the way?

Plenty a good baseball man hasn't been able to survive working for the Orioles for 25+ years now.  I'd be thrilled to be wrong but I'm not believing it until I see results.  And results include reports that PGA (I know, I know, he's apparently not involved anymore...want to buy a bridge?) or the sons are not involved on decisions.  

If you're gonna give this yuppie the job, it doesn't matter unless he has free reign.  Until then, it's more of the same.  A golf clap to the Orioles for at least making a turn towards analytics and advanced analysis, congrats on being 15 years too late to the party.

Moose, you make valid points.

But, surely you can see, the change in climate from the front office, with the shift from the old man to the boys.

Lets give them a chance to see how they do.

Besides, I doubt any MLB GM or president lasts 25 years these days with most teams in the MLB.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He needs to give Brady a pink slip not the finger. He can't be a problem/obstacle if he's not an employee. 

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This could quickly become Frank Wren #2 if your right.

I hope and pray that you’re not and the page has indeed turned

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Weren't you just the one talking about your capacity to let things slide?  Seems like you've held a grudge against Angelos, like Rosenthal has, for over 25 years.?

Archived