Rotographs Take on Orioles' Closer Candidates for 2019

NCRaven

Just now, NCRaven said:

While their articles have a fantasy baseball orientation, Rotographs gave its take on five O's closer candidates- Givens, Scott, Bleier, Fry and Carroll.  The Good, the Bad and the Outlook.

https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/fantasy-relievers-on-non-contenders-orioles/

Start Scott, close with Givens. 

This supports what I think many of us saw, the 98mph fb was clearly the 2nd best pitch for a guy who was brought up with a fb some gave an 80 to.

Scott has thrown only a four-seamer and a slider in the majors, but the latter pitch is flat-out filthy. Last season, he threw it with an average velocity of 88.7 mph, and he ranked third in slider SwStr% — trailing only Ryan Pressly and Patrick Corbin — with a 29.0 percent rate (min. 200 sliders).

3 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

Start Scott, close with Givens. 

This supports what I think many of us saw, the 98mph fb was clearly the 2nd best pitch for a guy who was brought up with a fb some gave an 80 to.

He changed how he throws his fastball, if you saw it in Bowie back when the slider was below average, you’d have put an 80 on it too. It was filthy.

2 hours ago, atomic said:

That is what I was thinking. If you never have the lead late in the game who cares who the closer is?  

I still care, because I hate watching my team squander a win in the last inning.    Probably even moreso when the wins are few and far between.   

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I still care, because I hate watching my team squander a win in the last inning.    Probably even moreso when the wins are few and far between.   

Oh so do I. But the team will have an opportunity to give more guys a chance to close games. Don't you think?

Archived