O’s claim IF Hanser Alberto from Yankees; DFA Susac

Frobby

19 minutes ago, interloper said:

That's because his defense has been pretty good. I suspect if Mancini was playing 1B all season instead of RF, he would be surpassing Hanser. 

Mancini would have about the 10th best OPS of all qualified first basemen. Looking at players who would rank just ahead and behind I guess 1.5 war

2 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

Mancini would have about the 10th best OPS of all qualified first basemen. Looking at players who would rank just ahead and behind I guess 1.5 war

Mancini’s OPS has dropped 60 points in the last 11 games.    There’s a pretty big difference between a .907 OPS 1B and an .844 OPS 1B.    I can’t say whether Mancini will climb back up, fall further back or stagnate.    But that will have a big impact on where his WAR ends up, regardless of position.  

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Mancini’s OPS has dropped 60 points in the last 11 games.    There’s a pretty big difference between a .907 OPS 1B and an .844 OPS 1B.    I can’t say whether Mancini will climb back up, fall further back or stagnate.    But that will have a big impact on where his WAR ends up, regardless of position.  

Umm, sure. If he hits better the rest of the year, then he will be more valuable. Less valuable if he hits worse. Thanks for explaining that. That’s real insightful.  ??

Just now, Ohfan67 said:

Umm, sure. If he hits better the rest of the year, then he will be more valuable. Less valuable if he hits worse. Thanks for explaining that. That’s real insightful.  ??

Any time.   

By the way, nice to see that OPS on the climb tonight.   

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What’s the verdict?  Can Alberto play SS in the MLB?  Could he be an everyday SS?  I wouldn’t mind seeing(2020),

SS - Alberto

2B - Wilkerson

Util - Jace Peterson

Or even after Villar is traded. 

Alberto did have a strong arm at one time and was thought of as a plus SS.  But he missed all on 2017 with shoulder surgery.   One of the reasons he was DFA'd so many times  last off season was the question about his arm strength.    

He has shows that the surgery did effect his arm when he plays 3B.     He relies on a quick release to get the throws to first.   I doubt he has the arm strength to go into the hole at SS and fire across the diamond to 1B.   JMO.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/article157258684.html

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What’s the verdict?  Can Alberto play SS in the MLB?  Could he be an everyday SS?  I wouldn’t mind seeing(2020),

SS - Alberto

2B - Wilkerson

Util - Jace Peterson

Or even after Villar is traded. 

I would prefer to see real major league players, but it looks like that is at least 2 years away.

o

(vs. DIAMONDBACKS, 7/22)

NUMBER 7

HANSEJOEALBERTO PENA

HANSEJOEALBERTO PENA

HANSEJOEALBERTO PENA

HANSEJOEALBERTO PENA

HANSEJOEALBERTO PENA

HANSEJOEALBERTO PENA

HANSEJOEALBERTO PENA

o

1 hour ago, weams said:

Adam Jones 3-for-4 also

I watched the "highlights" for his scratch hits but how was his "D"?  Still minus?  Although he prob would have looked better missing that shot to CF that Wilkie fanned on.  (I'm still angry at him for blocking me on Twitter (his loss) when I said that the clubhouse (he included) would go downhill when they continued losing last year on a Dan Connolly blog response).

21 minutes ago, bobmc said:

I watched the "highlights" for his scratch hits but how was his "D"?  Still minus?  Although he prob would have looked better missing that shot to CF that Wilkie fanned on.  (I'm still angry at him for blocking me on Twitter (his loss) when I said that the clubhouse (he included) would go downhill when they continued losing last year on a Dan Connolly blog response).

He did make a nice running catch on a ball to his right.   It was a well-hit line drive that looked like a hit off the bat.  I think Wilkerson hit it.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

He did make a nice running catch on a ball to his right.   It was a well-hit line drive that looked like a hit off the bat.  I think Wilkerson hit it.

Good deal - should be an excellent COF.