Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Now that the slump has gotten national publicity (which hadn't happened in NY & Toronto), it will be interesting to see the reaction of fans on the road.   I guess mainly talking about Boston fans, since Tampa really doesn't have any fans.   I wonder how much jeering and such he'll have to put up with in Fenway this weekend, from a fan base that is probably pretty grumpy anyway based on the performance of their team so far.

They are a grumpy bunch, but I think this story, at a national level, is going to get people rallying behind him.  I think he's going to get some cheers from the Sox fans.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

They are a grumpy bunch, but I think this story, at a national level, is going to get people rallying behind him.  I think he's going to get some cheers from the Sox fans.

The Bad News Multimillionaire. MLB should let him pay someone to hit for him.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You have a more optimistic view of Bostonians than I do.

Davis to go down in a slow burn. Needs to be batting in the 10th spot. Lol. Between Ubaldo and Davis, the O's have really really messed things up financially and have set the organization back several years.  Davis and Ubaldo played the same card "I do my best and things will eventually turn around". No they won't and no they didn't.

4 minutes ago, OriolesWay said:

Davis to go down in a slow burn. Needs to be batting in the 10th spot. Lol. Between Ubaldo and Davis, the O's have really really messed things up financially and have set the organization back several years.  Davis and Ubaldo played the same card "I do my best and things will eventually turn around". No they won't and no they didn't.

Let’s be fair Ubaldo had stretches where he was good. Davis has been mostly since the first half of 2016. 

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

If the O's go the rest of the season without winning another game, Davis's streak will be a footnote.

If he goes the rest of the season without a hit I think he will become part of the folklore about the 5 win season.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

You're talking about a liberal mecca.  No one up there wants a multimillionaire to succeed.

• Downvote 1

I don’t know...something is truly karmic about this streak...I mean even the absolute, most terrible  hitters in history still have blooped a lucky duck, a seeing eye grounder, something...no, this is payback by the baseball gods of some sort.