Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

Add "longest."

If there are enough players like him, it will spur MLB to create a new DH2 rule, permitting managers to make a lineup that includes a second DH. By then rosters will have expanded to 27 players and the increased opp to be both DH and pitcher will have encouraged the development of more Ohtani-like players.

If anything, I would think extra roster spots would favor specialization. The allure of a two-way player is enhanced by roster spot scarcity. 

8 minutes ago, owknows said:

After careful consideration, I am convinced he is a better hitter than Richie Martin

And Broxton.  Although that one armed hitter from the 1940's was probably a better hitter than them.

5 hours ago, accinfo said:

I am wondering if the All-Star break could see a decision on Chris Davis.  He is in the starting line-up today and maybe this weekend could be the last hurrah.  You have DJ Stewart probably ready to come back from his injury.  The probably want to keep Wilkerson has the utility player. 

HR tonight by Davis and 2 RBI, they are not going to release him now by the all star break.  He is hitting better lately I never thought he would cross the Mendoza line but he's .175 and rising now,  I could have been wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Maverick Hiker said:

HR tonight by Davis and 2 RBI, they are not going to release him now by the all star break.  He is hitting better lately I never thought he would cross the Mendoza line but he's .175 and rising now,  I could have been wrong. 

He is hitting .182.  Are you rooting for him to do poorly.