Santander

terpoh

Anyone heard any reports on Anthony Santander and how he has looked thus far in Sarasota? Seems as though whenever anyone talks about the outfield for this year its some combination of Mullins, Mancini, Rickard, Stewart, Hays and Diaz. Santander seems to be a forgotten guy. I know his numbers with the Orioles have not been great, but he's still young- hoping for the best for him.

• Upvote 1

Santander doesn’t qualify anymore to be a prospect. That’s the thing with stashing the rule 5 guys. You stash them, they are usually way over their heads, then they aren’t “prospects”. 

If he had prospect status I’d rank him somewhere between #20-30 on our list. 

24 yo. 281 PA in AA. He doesn’t look terrible in RF. It’s time for him to put up some numbers in AA. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think he's more dismissed than forgotten. 

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I've forgotten him.  For good reason, he hasn't been memorable.

Fans can dismiss or forget Santander, if they want. It would be a mistake if the front office were to do so. I highly doubt that they have dismissed or forgotten about him.

• Upvote 1

Santander needs a good ST.   The O's are going to need two to three 40 man roster spots.  Escobar and a catcher Perez or Sucre may be added.   The O's might add an outfielder from the waiver wire or they may keep Yaz.  

Here are the players I think are on the bubble to make space on the 40 man:  Wright, Hart, Araujo, Osich, Phillips, Santander.  So these guys will be competing to stay or be DFA'd.