Maybe too soon to ask about Mike Wright

Philip

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I have almost no faith in Wright’s ability to be a worthwhile MLB pitcher, but he’s done well so far. I know it’s only 3-4 innings but it is a mirage or does he look legitimately improved?

I can't think of a more ironically named man in all of baseball then Mike "Wright". #itsamirage

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing that could happen is for Wright to pitch his way into the rotation and have a good 1/2 season so they can dump him to a contender and get something in return.  29 years old, no options remaining, history of getting rocked, etc.

4 hours ago, esmd said:

The best thing that could happen is for Wright to pitch his way into the rotation and have a good 1/2 season so they can dump him to a contender and get something in return.  29 years old, no options remaining, history of getting rocked, etc.

Do you see the catch-22 here?

18 hours ago, interloper said:

Folks are ready to go with Ruiz over Nunez based on two ST games. Not saying that might not eventually happen, but dang.

Things are just wide open this ST. People are going to get excited over little things when our only MLB signing was Nate Karns. Heck, at this point it’s looking like the two rule 5 players are two of the most secure on the roster. 

16 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Do you see the catch-22 here?

Not sure what you're trying to say.  Maybe comparing him to Arrietta?  I don't see it.  If he has a very good 1st half and they're able to trade him, I'm compare it more to Sidney Ponson in '03, lol.  Hopefully we get some better prospects than back then, and then don't make it worse by resigning him to a big FA deal.  *facepalm*

4 minutes ago, esmd said:

Not sure what you're trying to say.  Maybe comparing him to Arrietta?  I don't see it.  If he has a very good 1st half and they're able to trade him, I'm compare it more to Sidney Ponson in '03, lol.  Hopefully we get some better prospects than back then, and then don't make it worse by resigning him to a big FA deal.  *facepalm*

I guess the point is, if Mike Wright has a good half season, why trade him? If he can pitch well enough to hammer down a swing man role or fifth starter ... we need those players.

If you think that it's a smoke show, and worry that his lack of options and age is hampering his flexibility, it's not like other teams don't see that also. These aren't secrets.

Archived