Maybe too soon to ask about Mike Wright

Philip

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

He didn’t contradict himself. 

This is his second prediction. I think he is allowed to change his mind. 

Ok, I see. So his 2nd prediction says he needs 4 starters to start 5 games in a row in the first week of the season.

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Ok, I see. So his 2nd prediction says he needs 4 starters to start 5 games in a row in the first week of the season.

As you correctly pointed out he was wrong about when they needed a 5th starter. He is way off. No idea what he was thinking.

18 minutes ago, wildcard said:

He put it in the same article.  That is his decision of contradict himself.

He’s showing how the picture has changed so far since the outset of spring training.  

You’ve clearly made up your mind about Trezza.    That’s fine, but this particular criticism isn’t justified.   

53 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He’s showing how the picture has changed so far since the outset of spring training.  

You’ve clearly made up your mind about Trezza.    That’s fine, but this particular criticism isn’t justified.   

I would love to change my opinion.  All he has to do in report correct facts.   

Oh and maybe learn how to read a schedule that any 8 year old baseball fan can do.

11 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd love to say I can see why Wright has not allowed a run this spring, but I'm here to tell you that from my perspective, it's a mirage. 

Oh, and if hear one more "analyst" talk about Arrieta and Wright in the same breath I will throw up. Wright is not going anywhere and becoming Arrieta. 

Great post. I'm assuming you're spot on. 

It's easier to believe that someone with filthy stuff will make a sudden jump than someone like Wright. Arrieta, for all of his flaws, always had pretty electric stuff. Wright did for like a day in spring training the first year he was invited. 

I still think he makes the 25 man, but that's a reflection on our roster.

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Great post. I'm assuming you're spot on. 

It's easier to believe that someone with filthy stuff will make a sudden jump than someone like Wright. Arrieta, for all of his flaws, always had pretty electric stuff. Wright did for like a day in spring training the first year he was invited. 

I still think he makes the 25 man, but that's a reflection on our roster.

Thanks, agree on both. There's room for him as the long man in the bullpen if he doesn't win a rotation spot if the Orioles choose to see how that cutter plays throughout the season. 

26 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

Haven't we seen enough of Mike Wright already... I mean we know what he is.  He is a career 5.75 ERA pitcher, He BABIP was .344 which umm stinks.  He walks too many guys and can't get groundballs. 

BABIP for pitchers is heavily influenced by defense and luck.

As Tony said, there is probably room for him in the pen so there's no harm seeing if a new cutter has changed anything. But I wouldn't complain if he was gone either.

32 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

Haven't we seen enough of Mike Wright already... I mean we know what he is.  He is a career 5.75 ERA pitcher, He BABIP was .344 which umm stinks.  He walks too many guys and can't get groundballs. 

We all have. Elias and Hyder haven't.

I've seen several players call him that...

8 minutes ago, makoman said:

BABIP for pitchers is heavily influenced by defense and luck.

As Tony said, there is probably room for him in the pen so there's no harm seeing if a new cutter has changed anything. But I wouldn't complain if he was gone either.

The first part is correct, although over a large enough sample, the luck part diminishes.

I do want to point out that it's not a new cutter, he threw it all last year with lackluster results. It may be a slightly altered cutter, but not new.  

Archived