The service time situation with our outfielders

Frobby

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Some posters feel that service time isnt a big deal and that only the Orioles are concerned.

But, I read this week, that VLAD Jr is expected to start in the minors, because of his service clock.

It helps a prospect get his feet wet for the 1st year too. Not just the financial impact, which is obvious. Its a win win for everyone but a players bottom line. 

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

Some posters feel that service time isnt a big deal and that only the Orioles are concerned.

But, I read this week, that VLAD Jr is expected to start in the minors, because of his service clock.

Vlad Jr has an oblique strain this spring, so the Blue Jay's have a legitimate reason to start him in the minors while rehabbing from this injury.

35 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Vlad Jr has an oblique strain this spring, so the Blue Jay's have a legitimate reason to start him in the minors while rehabbing from this injury.

Yes, now they do.   But they were going to start him in the minors anyway.     It’s a pretty common practice.   

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

I would not put Stewart and Santander in the same bucket.  Santander has a chance to be a big part of the O's next playoff team.   Stewart  will have trouble finding playing time in with Hays, Diaz, Santander, McKenna ahead of him in the future.

I think Santander is a low probability guy. Between injuries and rule five he has had trouble getting on the field and he certainly didn’t look great last year. He’s certainly not a player the Orioles should worry about regarding service time. 

Archived