O's Claim Catcher Pedro Severino

wildcard

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is Susco some odd amalgamation of Sucre and Sisco?

It was a typo, I’m an old man and I’m not wearing my glasses… Good heavens, that’s actually pretty much true. At least I haven’t lost my teeth yet...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

That is not a slam dunk IMO.    Elias is building for the future Severino being 25 and having the skills of 31 year old Sucre may be enough to have Severino stay.   I agree that Sucre knows the league better but Elias has not made moves that are about win now.   Sending Hays down was certainly not about win now.

At this point I don’t think any of these fringe roster moves are slam dunks. 

47 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Wilkerson > Jackson? Probably not.

Wilkerson > Hanser Alberto? Yes.

WHat makes Wilkerson better the Alberto is it the fact that he I see older, or the fact he is not a better defender at SS then Alberto, or fact he has hit worse in the upper levels then Alberto.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Wilkerson > Jackson? Probably not.

Wilkerson > Hanser Alberto? Yes.

Two things: Wilkerson is not a SS so depends on what you may value; and Alberto may likely be DFA’d as well when Elias thinks he can pass him through. 

3 hours ago, Papeete said:

Wilkerson is another mediocre Orioles player who is only valued by Orioles Fans!

Who is 28 and had a PED suspension.  I am surprised he lasted this long.  I am sure a lot more guys currently on 40 man before the season is over.

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

Severino has Sucre skills only 6 years younger.

Great pick up and he has Natitude!:) I am shocked people don’t see potential in him. I’d definitely keep him! Definitely dont DFA him over a bunch of other lackluster pieces.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, wildcard said:

Severino has Sucre skills only 6 years younger.

I talked with a scout who has seen him a bunch, he said he needs a change in his approach at the plate, but he's seen him turn around a 97 MPH fastball and has better overall tools than Sucre. Sucre gets the advantage in handling a pitching staff, but after hearing this, I'd have say I agree, Severino is a 6-year younger Sucre.

For a team looking to the future, it makes some sense.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I talked with a scout who has seen him a bunch, he said he needs a change in his approach at the plate, but he's seen him turn around a 97 MPH fastball and has better overall tools than Sucre. Sucre gets the advantage in handling a pitching staff, but after hearing this, I'd have say I agree, Severino is a 6-year younger Sucre.

For a team looking to the future, it makes some sense.

Helps that he has a hose for an arm. Like 1.8 pop. 

• Upvote 1