Hyde's Decisions 2019

Aristotelian

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Satyr3206 said:

His pitch count was fine. Hyde just lost me. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. And now a 2 run shot. Great decision.

He was on 3 days rest had 42 pitches on Thursday.  No problem with taking him out wish he would have went with someone else though.  12 more days of Arujo.

Some of you need to calm down. 

He wasn't going to go more than 7 regardless.  I would have let him finish the inning, but it doesn't matter in the long run. 

Not many better times to put Araujo in.  Late in the game.  6 run lead. 

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

He was on 3 days rest had 42 pitches on Thursday.  No problem with taking him out wish he would have went with someone else though.  12 more days of Arujo.

If you’re ever going to use Araujo, a 6-run lead (or deficit) is the time to try it. 

5 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I said in the game thread that day Hess shouldn't be in the game. Another bad decision.

Just now, Barnaby Graves said:

Let him pitch the no-hitter until he walks a few guys on.  I'm officially off team pitch-count.  He was utterly dealing.  Good grief.

The last hitter of the 6th hit a screaming liner to Davis.    The first hitter in the 7th hit a screaming liner to Martin.   His velocity was down about 2 mph from the start of the 6th.   It was a good time to pull him.    He wasn’t going 9 in any event.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

The last hitter of the 6th hit a screaming liner to Davis.    The first hitter in the 7th hit a screaming liner to Martin.   His velocity was down about 2 mph from the start of the 6th.   It was a good time to pull him.    He wasn’t going 9 in any event.  

Too bad for that.  That was management by algorithm.  A sterile decision.  So what about screaming line drives, they got caught.  What's the criteria for pulling guys after they give up line drives, or if they dip in velocity from the 3rd to the 4th?  They had nobody on and he needed to get 7 outs, and he could've been pulled after the first hit.

Araujo and Wright were fresh and now it's a save situation, lol.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You don’t take out a guy when he has a shot at baseball history. You at least give him a chance. 

Hyde probably pissed off half the team doing that.  And a ton of fans. Even the Jays fans in the stadium booed - that’s how bad a move it was.

And now it’s a three run game and the Jays are right back in it. 

Archived