Dylan Bundy 2019

Frobby

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

it Bundy had pitched well I doubt we would have heard about his “sore knee”.

With Bundy I don’t buy this, some athletes maybe. 

Remember last year when Joseph said Bundy had a groin issue?  Dylan had been denying it for awhile. That was that stretch in May when he was awful for like 3 starts.  

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's just prone to have a game like this every so often where he gets lit up.  It's why he's not a #1.  More like a #3 or #4.  

Career ERA+ of 92. 78 last year, 88 this year. Led the league in homers surrendered last year in relatively few innings pitched.  It’s more like Bundy is prone to having a good game every so often and is more like a #5 or bullpen pitcher. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maverick Hiker said:

Poor job by Bundy tonight and also  by Hyde. I would not leave a starting pitcher in to give up 8 runs in 1+ innings.

Yeah, I agree. It’s not like we don’t shuttle guys around all the time. No need to leave Bundy out there like that, especially the first game back since the ASB. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah, I agree. It’s not like we don’t shuttle guys around all the time. No need to leave Bundy out there like that, especially the first game back since the ASB. 

5 runs scored after 2 outs.  One by Wild Pitch and one by a BALK. 

12 hours ago, Maverick Hiker said:

Poor job by Bundy tonight and also  by Hyde. I would not leave a starting pitcher in to give up 8 runs in 1+ innings.

He gave up 7.

6 batters into the game, it was 2-0.  There were 2 men on and 2 outs.  That's a bad first inning, sure.  But at that point it's not even bad enough to get a reliever up.  Plenty of starters give up 2 in the first, and yes there were a couple men on.  But he was one out away from getting out of the first.  I think 99% of managers would NOT be warming the bullpen at that point, especially with a doubleheader the next day 

Four batters later, it was 7-0.

So I don't get your criticism at all.  "Leaving him in to give up 7 runs".  How would you have done it differently?  Would you really have started warming someone with two outs and 2 runs scored in the first inning?   Because that's the only way you could get someone ready to come in before that 7th run scored.

Look, I know the season sucks and it's frustrating for all of us.  But to blame Hyde for not knowing that a quick rapid succession of 4 batters plus a balk was going to turn a 2 run first into a 7 run first in less time than it takes a long man to warm is a real stretch.  It's frustration causing you to lash out but it's not logical.

If anyone is to blame for the 7 run first inning it's Bundy for NOT TELLING anyone his knee was hitting a bit in warmups.  If Hyde had known that maybr he would have gotten someone up after 2 runs scored.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Cy Bundy said:

His stuff has been gone for a month, he hasn’t had a good slider for a month, the only thing he’s had a few times is a bit more on the fb, but that was absent last night too. The numbers v the Jays were good, but Bundy wasn’t. These struggles are different and more concerning to me, I think he may be ready for the il ... there is no slider left, or there hasn’t been for 5 starts. ?

There isnt much about this post that is grounded in any sort of stats.  Slider value.  Pitch velocity.

The slider was great against tor and good against sea and hou in yhe last month.  The only times it was really bad was SD and yesterday wasbt great.

The FBv has been remarkably steady all year.  91.2 - 91.5.

He needs to scrap the sinker hard while he rehabs.

• Upvote 1